Help please with Canon IP8750

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi. I have a Canon IP8750.

I’ve been creating images/drawings using Procreate on the iPad, then exporting them as a PNG file to my laptop. I’ve been putting them into Microsoft Word to create Christmas cards. I’m printing onto card but I don’t know what print settings to use. There’s no ‘card’ option in the media type. So I select plain paper and the highest quality it lets me. The images that print are low quality, almost pixelated with dull colours. It also loses detail from my drawings. I’ve tried different types of card but the results are all poor.

Any help as to what I’m doing wrong would be most appreciated. Thank you!

Are you printing in plain paper or photo paper?
If you for printing on photo paper I imagine you should be choosing the correct media to get good results.

Also what is the resolution of your exported media plus size you are printing at? (Considering you said it's a card, I don't think this is the issue but you never know)

I am also not sure if word does anything to ruin them. I'd suggest printing directly from the image.

Lastly which OS are you using? I use OSX, the options and way to get to them may be different on Windows. So helps to know for anyone to help you find the right options.

Last edited:
One example of an image I’ve inserted into Word is 6200x6500 pixels. Ive been drawing onto a canvas which is RGB. I read that it’s worth switching to CMYK?

I’m printing onto regular card stock - high quality card and get the same poor results. But selecting ‘plain paper’ from the list of medium. I’m using Windows 10 rather than Mac.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Printing natively from Word is a bit haphazard IMO. I've had better results printing from an image in picture viewer or whatever it's called (as mentioned above). You could also try saving the word doc as a pdf and printing that?

I'm presuming the 8750 has a robust settings menu though. Can you click through to the printer properties from Word?

wrththrwrth.GIF

If you're happy to send me (or link me) a full rez version I can check to make sure it's not the file that's the issue. Pixelation is often down to incorrect resolution (you start to see the pixels) so if it's not that, perhaps a photo of the results might help diagnose?

I found some sample Canon Photo paper (plus Glossy II). I selected this paper type in the printer settings and did a test print. It printed beautifully.

So my issue is printing onto card stock. I’m not sure which media type to select for the best quality printing.

I found some sample Canon Photo paper (plus Glossy II). I selected this paper type in the printer settings and did a test print. It printed beautifully.

So my issue is printing onto card stock. I’m not sure which media type to select for the best quality printing.

Is you card glossy, Matt or semi-gloss?
You should be able to choose a generic gloss, semi-gloss and matte options... At least I can on my macs printer dialogue.

Print small sections onto the same piece of card, using different paper types. 2" squares should be big enough. Not sure why you're using a text editor/word processor for making images, I'd use an image editor (PhotoShop or similar) and use its text tool.

Is you card stock suitable for inkjet printing onto, you cant just use any card, it could be that the ink is not properly adhering

When I make cards, I buy blank cards and glue photo paper (after printing!) to the front of the card. The card that will go through a printer's paper path is usually too thin to stand up properly - "cards" are usually made from board which is stiffer.

When I make cards, I buy blank cards and glue photo paper (after printing!) to the front of the card. The card that will go through a printer's paper path is usually too thin to stand up properly - "cards" are usually made from board which is stiffer.
I use 'Photo Splits' to attach photo's to cards which seem pretty good, but making 120 cards with 4 per card gets a little tedious....

Pritt Stick or Uhu for me!

Well, the things are ephemeral so don't need any proper treatment!

When printing on ordinary paper, I would tell the printer that I am printing on photo paper. This seems to give me more quality options than being honest about the paper. If the printer finds out you have lied, it will not tell on you!

Back