Help please, yellow people and dog!!

Edit My Images
Yes
:)A friend has emailed a jpeg to me. It was taken indoors at a show and the white balance is all wrong. The picture looks like they have radiation sickness :LOL:

Working in CS4 extended, what's the best way of trying to get the white balance or yellow colour cast removed? As I say, it's a jpeg.

Look forward to your replies, thanks.

Lisa

I can't remember where it is (a search of the forums will probably find it) but there's a setting that lets you open a jpeg in Adobe Camera Raw which will let you use the WB tool in that. Probably the simplest solution (y)

Ah, thank you. If I could do that, that would be brilliant and get some brownie points.

I know you said do a search, but how do you open camera raw as it comes up automatically when you open a raw file. Any ideas??

LIsa

I'm not sure if the setting is in photosop, acr, or bridge but if you find the file in bridge and right click there should be an option to open it in camera raw.

I'm not sure if the setting is in photosop, acr, or bridge but if you find the file in bridge and right click there should be an option to open it in camera raw.

Thank you very much, I'll do that later. (y)

Lisa

In Photoshop preferences, go to file handling, and tick prefer camera RAW for JPEG

In camera raw - its here:

2009-02-16_1429.png

That's the white balance tool. Click the wand on an area of the image that should be white - hey presto

I can't remember where it is (a search of the forums will probably find it) but there's a setting that lets you open a jpeg in Adobe Camera Raw which will let you use the WB tool in that. Probably the simplest solution (y)

In CS3 (i don't know if its the same for CS4)
Top bar "edit" > preferences> file handling> check box that says "prefer adobe raw for jpegs"

edit too slow

In Photoshop preferences, go to file handling, and tick prefer camera RAW for JPEG

It's not there in CS4, now it says:

Prefer Adobe Camera Raw for Supported Raw Files.

:thinking:

I have that ticked in CS4 and it jist opens in CS4 not camera RAW

Ok, it's moved to Camera Raw Prefs, at the bottom there's option for jpg and tiff handling.

If you set them to Automatically open all supported jpegs then ACR will pop up when you open that type of file. If you leave on Open with settings then only file that have been through ACR will open.

Aw, thanks ever so much but what is ACR?

Lisa

Did you have a hand slapping forehead moment Lisa? :LOL:

You don't need Camera RAW, just open the levels and use the white point eye dropper tool to select something bright white in the image. If you don't have anything bright white, try setting the grey and black point.

another way of opening in RAW (again only got CS3) is to open bridge, select the file you want to open, select file from top drop down menu & select open in Camera RAW.

Anna

Thanks to everyone who replied.(y)(y)

I went down the route of ticking the relevant box in CS4 and used the raw convertor. My friend has pink skin again now and the dog is back to being white.

Many thanks, I really appreciate your help.

Lisa

Back