Help please.

Name
Rick
Edit My Images
Yes
I have been reading through this section and can't find a thread that shows the benefits of one image package over another.

My wife has photodeluxe and swears by it but it doesn't seem to do very much and to be honest, she doesn't need it to.

What software would you recommend I buy to manipulate my images? Please bear in mind that the last photo editing software I used was paint.:thinking:

You could always try Gimp, best part of it is that it is free.

If you want a basic software package free you can get Picasa2, it has some good features and is totally free. Just google for it ;)

Searching the internet for an explanation of the differences between CS and elements I found this site.

Am I missing something or can I download an expensive piece of software free of charge?

You can but it has a 30 day expirey limit
( a try before you buy thing)
Elements 5 is a good place to start as is paintshop pro XI

That would explain it then(y)

I don't mind spending money on the software, so long as I get something decent.

I have paid good money for software before, only to find that the advertising lied.

After spending some time on the net I was thinking about CS2.

What do you think?

That would explain it then(y)

I don't mind spending money on the software, so long as I get something decent.

I have paid good money for software before, only to find that the advertising lied.

After spending some time on the net I was thinking about CS2.

What do you think?

Its not cheap but its probabley the most used
( that and its newer cousin CS3 of course)
If your a student ( full or part time in a relevant course) you can get CS3 extended direct from Adobe for about £150 instead of the £800 odd.

If you've never used an image manipulation package before you could find Photoshop overwhelming. It's has a lot of functions that not only relate to Photography but graphics as well.

I would suggest that a copy of Photoshop Elements is a good place to start. It's reasonably priced and allows you to gain experience that will carry over to Photoshop if you go that far.

Download a trial version from the Adobe site and see what you think. A good book that takes you through the process from opening the image to saving it is an excellent idea.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I don't want to spend £50 on a package that doesn't do what I need a few months down the line when I could spend £100 on one that will. Not to mention that I'll have spent time learning how to use something that needs replacing, causing me to have to start learning again.:bang:

With software I've learned from experience that it pays to get it right first time.:D

Back