help please

Name
bill
Edit My Images
Yes
can anyone help please i took this pic recently and idiotically put the curtains in the position you can see, can anyone sugest how to remove them please i have tried 2P5A0011.jpg

i think the curtains will slide off the ends of the pole surely !!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I've struggled to do that kind of thing. If you haven't done it before there could easily be days of learning involved in it. The reason I've never become expert enough to know how long it would take me if I was already an expert is that so far it's always been a lot less time consuming to take the photograph again.

Flip the top right corner of the window for the top left. Clone the rail and the pink? plank thing under the rail along to the ends, and clone out the curtains, then look for a similar curtain pole end on google and clone that on the ends of the poles.
edit you might get away wirh fliping the bottom of the window corners for the wall at the sides.

Last edited:
A surreal image.

Are you wanting a picturee of the dress? Never mind the curtains, you need to start from the ground up and consider light, above all.

You're out of your depth, which is alright, we all are sometimes (in photography or in life). Take a step back, and review where you want to get to.

Last edited:
Unless there's no possibility of shooting it again, and it's an absolute need to have that pic, I'd say it's really not worth trying to fix that one, it just isn't a good picture, and that's not because of the position of the curtains.
Wayne's suggestions are the best you could do, but it's going to look awful whatever you do.
Sorry.

thanks for the replies i have to say i didnt think of it as being "awful" and i have no idea what rog means. but am grateful to wayne for his suggestions.

thanks for the replies i have to say i didnt think of it as being "awful" and i have no idea what rog means. but am grateful to wayne for his suggestions.

Sorry - that came across more harshly than intended.

Here it is without the curtains (rough edit) - the problem is the window light, open windows etc are too much of a distraction. The lighting on the dress is meh, no real detail, the skirting board cuts across awkwardly etc.

It's stuff I might fail to notice under pressure, but very easy to see in hindsight. It's why I don't like photographing anything where I can't take my time - I just don't have a head for it, but given practise, I would say I've got better over time.

Life's all about learning, and god knows if it can be done wrong, I've done it (and continue to do so!) :)

IMG_1099.jpg

If you want to repeat basic steps were:
  • Correct verticals etc to make the window square on (checking background symmetry/position would have helped when taking shot)
  • Clone pole and wood board below across (multiple steps)
  • Build the pole ends by mirroring, flipping the half of the right hand one but preserve highlights on both pole and ends to match lighting.
  • Build top left window corner from various cloned bits; adjust exposure of elements as needed to match as close as possible
  • liberal use of patch tool to even out colours
  • clone out the wires and latches outside (close windows, even sticking A4 sheets of paper over distracting elements etc would again help)
  • Blur the trees a little to lose some detail (shallow DoF when shooting would have give a better result)
  • A small amount of dodge and burn on the dress to emphasise the existing highlights and shadows (would be better with the raw file - better still lighting on the dress, perhaps avoiding backlight from window when shooting)
  • Whitebalance correction based on skirting sample.
  • Added a bit of vignette
Larger image available here:
2P5A0011-Edit-2.jpg

Last edited:
wow !!! that is a fantastic edit David i really appreciate you doing that thanks.

Back