Help - Polaroid 450

Name
Graeme
Edit My Images
Yes
I (accidentally) bought a Polaroid 450 but I'm having problems pulling the film through.

I loaded it with Fuji FP-3000B film.

When I try to pull the film through the leader tab just tears off. If I open the back a bit and pull it works fine and the pull through tab comes through the rollers fine, but I don't want to be opening the back every time.

Am I missing something? Am I using the wrong film? (Bear in mind I'm a Polaroid newby)

Any helpful advice is much appreciated. I've had loads of fun with this thing but have wasted more than 50% of my film so far.
:bang:

I had exactly the same prob with my 450 when I upgraded fromt he 103.

The problem is the self timer putting more pressure on the film pack.

Simple solution; change the 'lid' of the film pack for the older metal polaroid style (fine to do in subdued light). This makes the pack a little thinner and it means the new film packs from Fuji work without any problems.

Of course you'll need a pack of old polaroid film but this can be had on eBay and it doesn't matter if it's out of date as you just want the shell.

There is a video on how to do it somewhere but I can't find it from work; I'll add it this evening. The lid just snaps off and back on to the new pack quite easily.

Cheers
ped

Would you believe it?

I went to the Camera Exchange today and they actually had an empty Polaroid pack in one of the old cameras they have around the wall.

Cost me bugger all and worked perfectly.

Thanks for the advice. I'm a happy bunny this evening.

Back