Help Reqd Photoshop 7 and Raw/NEF files

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Sorry if this has been dealt with before but I have looked down 4 pages and only one thread slightly covers this topic that I can see but does not answer my problem.

Can someone tell me if photoshop 7 handles Nikon Raw files (NEF) if so how do I get it to open them.:bang:
Any comments/help welcome.
Mike

Looks like you need to dl a plugin from Adobe but i'm not having much luck myself with it atm

Hi Mike File Open as/ camera raw its listed NEF

HTH

Dave

I don't think it will open them Dave. It depends on the camera model. I was unable to open my D40x files in CS2, and had to download Adobe DNG converter to do it. An upgrade to Adobe Bridge solved the problem, but PS7 doesn't have Bridge.

If the OP goes onto Adobe.com he should be able to find the Adobe DNG converter, which will convert his NEF file to Adobe DNG format. I haven't got PS7 on my PC's anymore to test it, but I should image this would sove the problem.

I don't think it will open them Dave. It depends on the camera model. I was unable to open my D40x files in CS2, and had to download Adobe DNG converter to do it. An upgrade to Adobe Bridge solved the problem, but PS7 doesn't have Bridge.

If the OP goes onto Adobe.com he should be able to find the Adobe DNG converter, which will convert his NEF file to Adobe DNG format. I haven't got PS7 on my PC's anymore to test it, but I should image this would sove the problem.

Thanks for the info everyone. I Have now downloaded the converter(y)

Back