Help, there's a photo in my image trying to get out

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Help ! I just got back from a week in Tunisia and as soon as i stood on the rooms balcony i knew there was a photograph to be had.
BUT i dont know how to get the best out of this image. Any advice on a crop or PPing or general advice welcomed. The shot is straight out of the camera and not touched except for straightening. Feel free to mess with it and repost.

Thanks in advance

1d6f7d8d-4f24-4ff6-8f68-f30a50644961_zpsb044c95a.jpg

My take on this,cropped out the oof pillars,which has obviously affected the ratio,another straighten and upped the contrast
Not sure if a b&w would add much but I think it needed having somebody looking out to make it pop imo :thinking:
Could do with a lick of paint too ;)

vqo8s1.jpg

An interesting thread you've started - hopefully we'll see more advice. I think I'd try and crop slightly more than Martyn did, loosing the sky by last balcony along on the right.

photo_edited_1591.jpg

I have some pictures from a Neon Boneyard in Las Vegas that I went to earlier this year. They just don't look right and not really useful and it feels such a missed opportunity.

Last edited:
Thanks for the ideas/suggestions. As I said earlier as soon as I saw this feature I knew there was a shot in there somewhere. Over the week I shot this in the day, at night, after rain, at sun set all manner of focal lengths so I know somewhere in my holiday snaps I can get a decent image out of it.
I suppose that's the beauty of digital, i can just keep playing till I'm happy. The idea of this thread was to maybe get some inspirational pointers and save some time.

I like Chris's crop on this one.

Back