Beginner Help to pick a Flash

Edit My Images
No
Hi, My wife has a D3300 and I a D7000,I was thinking of buying a flash to replace the on board flash, we will share the flash till we master it .
The idea to buy a flash was to take better indoor pics of our grandchildren and also for better fill flash for outdoors when needed, my wife likes to take pics of plants .
I see the Godox flash lights gets good reviews and was looking at the TT685, now maybe i could get a cheaper model that would fit my pic taking ,so i thought i would ask the experts on here for help.
Thanks Cliff

Hi,
I chose a Voking vk800, this is a TTL unit and seems to work well and with fresh batteries it has a very good refresh cycle.
The reason i chose a unknown, well to me, is that I do macro photography and with another known make my forehead would change some settings, namely the flash output but with this Voking there is no problem in that respect. Price is reasonable as well.
I got it from amazon.
Hope this helps.

TT685 is a good choice, it will also introduce you to perhaps the best flash ecosystem should you wish to take your flash photography to the next level and beyond...

Thanks Graham and Phil.
Voking is a nice price, not finding a lot of info on it compared to the Godox and though i won't be going into adding more off board flash or getting serious about flash photography i think getting something that will work better than built in flash will be helpful to producing better pictures with flash...well i hope, though its another learning procedure.

Thanks Graham and Phil.
Voking is a nice price, not finding a lot of info on it compared to the Godox and though i won't be going into adding more off board flash or getting serious about flash photography i think getting something that will work better than built in flash will be helpful to producing better pictures with flash...well i hope, though its another learning procedure.

Once you've use on-board flash a bit, you'll soon want to get something 'better', and that means moving the flash off-camera.

And that's where going with the Godox starts to pay off, as it has their 2.4Ghz radio receiver built in, making it easy to remotely control off-camera with the addition of one of their radio triggers.

The Yongnuo YN-568 EX ii is a good option for around £75 to 100

Back