Beginner Help: Warranty/Registration of New Camera

Name
Mat
Edit My Images
Yes
I purchased a Canon EOS 1100D a couple of weeks ago, and it dawned on me the other day that I surly must register just in case I claim for any warranty in the future.

I've looked on Canon's website, and all I can see is their Warranty T&Cs.

Does anyone know how I should go about registering the product? I cannot see any material in the box advising (such as warranty card). The camera was purchased from Amazon BTW.

Not necessary, so far as I'm aware. Just hang on to your receipt and be prepared to produce it if a warranty issue arises.

Companies that "require" you to register your purchase are usually just after your personal details for marketing.

Agreed. There's no legal requirement to register the purchase to qualify for warranty work. Just keep your receipt, that's important to prove that you bought the camera from an authorised dealer in the UK and it's not a grey/private import. Your first recourse would be to Amazon as the seller, not Canon, under the Sale of Goods Act. They're usually pretty good at sorting out any problems without having to quote the law though!

FWIW, I believe Canon will repair grey/private imports, but treat this as out of warranty work and you have to pay for the service.

Last edited:
Back