HELP...What to buy...???

Name
Stevie
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I am planning to spend about £2000-ish on a camera and lenses...been looking at Sony, Nikon and Canon...

I have a Panasonic FZ30...8MP Hybrid...28-420mm...and a Raynox 250 macro lens...

My photos range from macro to about the full range of the lens...so I would want to have lenses to cover about the same range...I can still use the macro and maybe some spacers...I also need a flash...

Canon D50, Sony 900 looks amazing, but Id need more money...maybe 700...or what about second hand cameras/lenses...

What about the full size sensor basis the smaller size...

ANYWAY...HELP...

All help welcome...and appreciated...

STEVIER

assuming new (& many would argue that s/h is a very viable option)
a Canon 100-400mm IS L or a Sony 70-400mm G SSM are both going to run ~£1000 on their own.
That would leave you ~£1000 to buy a body (A700/40D/D90?), flash & something to cover 70mm> which is definitely doable.

what I would suggest though is that you think more about what you want to achieve & what you need to do that.
then go to a shop & handle the likely suspects to see which you prefer.

If you're going from a bridge camera I'd suggest not jumping in too high up the dslr ladder, walk before you run and all that sort of thing.In fact it might be worth having a look at this set-up for sale in the TP Classifieds as it's in Glasgow. Add £70 or so worth of 50mm f/1.8 from Kerso and you'd be up and running for around the £400 mark and then you've got £1600 left to buy lenses with (y)

Back