dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
Quicky from yesterday, and some of them don't bother with goggles :wacky:

ML1W9916.jpg

Nice capture - looks great immersed in the back and foreground blur surrounded by all the dirt (y)

Great shot Dod!

Did the camera/lens get dirty? :D

Super shot dod (y)

You know what it looks like? If you look at it the right way, it looks like there's a plane of glass infront and it's splattered with mud...like this wall of mud infront of you :LOL:

I'm curious too, as to how dirty your kit gets when photographing these, and how do you manage to stay clean?

Thanks folks, was quite pleased as I set out hoping to get something like it.

If you don't like your kit getting dirty don't do this. You can stand back and stay clean but you don't get the same feel to the shots. The first one was right before a sharp turn which means they spray up a lot of dirt right behind me from about 3 feet away. This one is taken from just after the berm, they're just straightening out again and got the throttle open so more dirt :|

ML1W0534.jpg

Heh! The kit is there to be used - not pampered! Ace shots as always dod. Particularly the first - it's the background of all things that makes it for me :)

Love the first one Dod, I havent been to a Enduro track event for a while and seeing all that mud makes me what to go....

... off to find event timetable...

dreeder, if you find any local to me, would be a luvvie and let me know? I wouldnt mind trying my hand at something like this. :)

dreeder, if you find any local to me, would be a luvvie and let me know? I wouldnt mind trying my hand at something like this. :)

Click Forums and then in the first section click Dirt Bike tracks, you should find what you're looking for guys :)

http://www.mxtrax.co.uk/

Love the first one Dod, I havent been to a Enduro track event for a while and seeing all that mud makes me what to go....

Just wrap that 300mm up well :LOL:

Trax in Preston at the Docks may allow you to photo the riders there, there is a track just off the M66 at Simister but is only used for racing not practice.

Beware, some practice tracks have their own togs so don't like others getting track side.

If I hear of anything local, I'll let you know,
Carl.

That's a fab shot Dod :clap: At least you can't see sensor dust on these type of shots :LOL:

Trax in Preston at the Docks may allow you to photo the riders there, there is a track just off the M66 at Simister but is only used for racing not practice.

Beware, some practice tracks have their own togs so don't like others getting track side.

If I hear of anything local, I'll let you know,
Carl.

I was told of a quarry a couple of months ago, by a landrover owning friend.
Not too keen on the idea of my it being hit by lots of tiny bits of rock though.
Did have a drive up there to see what was on, chatted to the owners and they were more than happy to let us take photographs, which was nice.
Although I did say "So what are the safety rules, is there anywhere we shouldn't wander?....or is it a case of 'just don't get hit'", and they said "er, yeah thats about it". :LOL:
Cowm Quarry I think it was www.cowmleisure.com (I think).

As for Simister...Sean, whereabouts is that? I hadn't heard of anything so close. (Not Simister..the track...lol)
It's not the quarry next to the motorway is it? (Near Heywood / Pilsworth turnoff of the M66)

It's in a Farmers field between the Bury/Pilsworth junction but it's no easily seen from the M66.

I'll ask my neighbour if he's there soon and let you know.

Is Cowm quarry over Rochdale way? I think I may have been there but not sure!

Also, there is a place on the road from Haslingden to the M65 on the right (as you go towards the M65) where they do trials riding, again, not sure when but I may ask TMX if they know when they're there next, might be worth going to have a practice!

Now go get that 70-200....you know it makes sense :) Can't lend you mine, it's with canon getting calibrated after the service centre messed it up but you're more than welcome to try it when I get it back.

Carl.

Thanks Carl (y)

Cowm quarry is up in Whitworth, just past Rochdale (or if you're from there it's Whitterth), as you head on out of Rochdale, go past Rochdale infirmary towards Bacup and when you reach Facit Mill in Whitworth, turn left...follow that road for a couple of miles and it's there. Probably the same place you're thinking of.

I think I know where you mean in Haslingden.

Would be good if you could find out if there are any local places where I could jolly on for a practise.

I've started buttering the wife up in readiness for me breaking the lens news to her. :D

Join the forum at that link I gave you and ask them in the MXpits section. Those guys are always gagging for pics. Very much England based too so should be quite helpful.

Back