HELP! Wireless flash guns now firing together

Name
Daz
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, I'm hoping for some help.

I own a Canon 50D and do a lot of features for car magazines, using two flash guns. Ive been doing this for two years with no issues. But suddenly my two guns won't always fire together.

I own a Canon 430 EX II & a Olympus FL-50, my remotes are Elinchrom EL-Skyports. Both are connected as normal, but flash guns are in Manual mode.

When i normally set these up they work fine for the first couple of fires but then i find my canon one goes off and the olympus one stops firing. Then suddenly the Olympus will fire and the Canon won't.

All my batteries are charged, the sky ports are set to "2". Everything on camera seems fine. I looked in the manual even reset the olympus but i keep getting the same issues.

I tested earlier and fired off 45 photos, less than 10 of them fired together.
Im now stumped, I've shoots lined up and flash guns with minds of their own.

Please can someone help, advise, anything would be grateful.

Cheers Darren
Some of my work can be found on my Facebook: Mallo ScenePhotography

Fully working. Thanks

Well i guess no one knows the answer then :(

are the flash capacitors wearing out?
sounds like they get some hammer
also it is an odd question, maybe you won't get an answer in 24 hours
you have canon, plus canon, plus olympus so it's unlikely people have direct experience of this
so give them a chance :p

Check the "speed" mode on your skyports.. The newer ones have a speed mode for faster sync. If you have it enabled, disable it and try again?

Or maybe you've bent and snapped the transmitter antenna inside the rubber?

Yeah sorry my bad, frustration building up. sorry x

Antenna seem fine, ill check the speed mode. I do hate flash guns at times lol

Not sure about this, but there's a fair bit of information about various triggers in the 'Speedliter's Handbook' by Syl Arena. Various problems with mixed flash units. It may help if you have a copy or can borrow one. Hope it helps.

Back