help with a seagate free agent

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
Yes
hi, anyone here have a seagate free agent 500GB external hard drive i have recently moved house and cleared my desk in a manly way now i cant figure out what power supply goes with what as this has all my pictures on i dont want to fry it by plugging in the wrong one. here are my options left or right please:shrug:
3249456839_91e7690630.jpg

Thanks,

Michael.

There's always (???) a sticker on the box saying which power supply voltage it wants. There will be a similar on the power supplies.

Something like DC:6V or AC:12v

You just need to match the the two together.

hi, anyone here have a seagate free agent 500GB external hard drive i have recently moved house and cleared my desk in a manly way now i cant figure out what power supply goes with what as this has all my pictures on i dont want to fry it by plugging in the wrong one. here are my options left or right please:shrug:

Thanks,

Michael.

I just checked with my Seagate external and it's the one on the left in your picture.

Anthony.

I've got a Freeagent external drive (older model than yours) and the power supply looks like the one shown on the right of your picture.

It 'should' show the power requirements on the back of the drive & the power outputs on the supplies so you could double check they match :)

Brian

Hi, had a look but cant see anything on the HDD but the power supply have 12Vdc 3A or 12v 2A.

Michael

brian is this your one
seagate_750gb_2.jpg
?

got this one too but it was put in a fire safe for safty not much good with out the power supply looks like i have the answer here now thanks guys!

thanks, I will wait for your reply not got the balls to try one just incase!

Michael

I am looking at mine, its the same as yours, the power supply on the left looks similar to mine.
Mine power supply is model WA-24C12K
DC OUTPUT 12Vdc 2A
hope that helps ?

Thanks,

Michael.

I have exactly the same drive, it's the plug on the left of the picture which is the one that came with it :)

great thanks for your help, I now know I should have let the wife pack my stuff too, as she would have marked the cables or even wrapped them round the right things, house moving is so stressfull, I hate change but it was needed bigger house, out of the town less neds to influence the kids as they grow! but that should be me for another 10 years at least! getting there i will get the camera out and get some cool pics of the new crib online ASAP.

ive got the exact same model but im at work, if you can wait a few hours ill give you a dininative answer.

Oh, I thought I had given a definitive answer about 5 minutes after the original post - but what do I know? :shrug:

Anthony.

Oh, I thought I had given a definitive answer about 5 minutes after the original post - but what do I know? :shrug:

Anthony.

You did give a definitive answer....Gary's going to post the dininative one though ;)

Should I pop upstairs and check the cable on my Seagate, just in case? :naughty:

Back