Help with adding caption to multiple files in Lightroom Classic??

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
No
In grid view, if I select multiple files and change the star rating, colour label or keyword, the changes are immediately applied to all the selected files.

However, if I edit the caption, the edits are only applied to the first file in the series of selected files.

I can then apply the caption to all the selectd files by choosing to sync metadata, but it's an extra step I would like to avoid. I want it to immediately apply the changes to all the selected files, as it does with stars, labels and keywords

Is this how it's meant to work, or am I missing something?

In grid view, if I select multiple files and change the star rating, colour label or keyword, the changes are immediately applied to all the selected files.

However, if I edit the caption, the edits are only applied to the first file in the series of selected files.

I can then apply the caption to all the selectd files by choosing to sync metadata, but it's an extra step I would like to avoid. I want it to immediately apply the changes to all the selected files, as it does with stars, labels and keywords

Is this how it's meant to work, or am I missing something?
To reply to myself,

The answer is that at the top of the metadata panel there is a "Target" and a "Selected" button choice. "Target" is the default, and you need to click on the "Selected" button to do what I want.

Back