Help with cloud/back up

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
After a disastrous hard drive failure, I'm now looking back up solutions (!) During my search, I came across this .Would anyone recommend this or similar? I have opened an account with Back Blaze, and have 2 hard drives on order, but started thinking about personal cloud storage. I know zero about this kind of thing so would appreciate any information or pointers.

Thanks in advance,
Nick

Personally I find it better than an actual cloud backup, but I’d still want something offsite. Even with a good internet connection I find swapping hard disks to be the best option for me.

It is very limited as a backup scheme and worryingly has a 44% 1 star rating on Amazon!

If you want external storage have a look at Zenfolio , it appears that unlimited storage is $5/ month at the moment as they have an offer on .

Isn't that just for photos and videos?

Thanks for the pointers so far. I am liking the idea of a personal cloud though. Somewhere I can comfortably store files to access at a clients, but are also securely backed up?

You are rights to consider cloud backup over disk shuffling.
I am with Hubic but I believe they are now closed to new customers.

How much data do you have and what upload speeds do you get.

Sometimes those figures are just too prohibitive and a couple of usb disks rotated off site to your work drawer would be better.

About 50GB as I lost everything in the crash. Currently getting around 5-6mb uploads

After a disastrous hard drive failure, I'm now looking back up solutions (!) During my search, I came across this .Would anyone recommend this or similar? I have opened an account with Back Blaze, and have 2 hard drives on order, but started thinking about personal cloud storage. I know zero about this kind of thing so would appreciate any information or pointers.

Thanks in advance,
Nick

I have the 2TB version of this drive and can't say I'd recommend it to you :(

Move along there are plenty out there much better than this. It's only virtue is the price :(

Due to me reversing into a barrier, I now have a limited amount of funds to purchase a back up option. Can anyone recommend me a decent hard drive within a budget of £150? I have a 1TB seagate coming to me as a replacement for the failed drive which I'll use as a time machine back up, but I'd ideally like a 2-3TB external drive to mirror my Back Blaze back up until I can afford a a more robust set up
Thanks,

Back