Help With Colour Issue in Photoshop CC, Please

Name
rob
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I'm currently doing some product work in Photoshop CC for a mate's website. He wants all his products displayed on a grey background and I've thus far done 40 items. The colour values I've set for the background are - R:204, G:204, B: 204.
I was checking over the saved images on my memory stick and found that six of them appeared to have slightly different coloured backgrounds from the others. I reloaded these into Photoshop and found that for some reason the background values had altered to - R:205, G: 204, B: 203.
The problem is, that however many times I reset the desired values on these particular six images, they always save as the unwanted colour.

I'm totally baffled!

Or more likely, excessively dim.

Has this type of apparent glitch happened to anybody else, and if so, how did you fix it?

Or could anybody please shed some light on my dimness.

Rob

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm currently doing some product work in Photoshop CC for a mate's website. He wants all his products displayed on a grey background and I've thus far done 40 items. The colour values I've set for the background are - R:204, G:204, B: 204.
I was checking over the saved images on my memory stick and found that six of them appeared to have slightly different coloured backgrounds from the others. I reloaded these into Photoshop and found that for some reason the background values had altered to - R:205, G: 204, B: 203.
The problem is, that however many times I reset the desired values on these particular six images, they always save as the unwanted colour.

I'm totally baffled!

Or more likely, excessively dim.

Has this type of apparent glitch happened to anybody else, and if so, how did you fix it?

Or could anybody please shed some light on my dimness.

Rob
Is there anything else different about those images? Exif ok?

Is there anything else different about those images? Exif ok?

Hi Wayne,

There's nothing that seems out of the ordinary. I've just checked through a large random sample of the originals and although there are some differences between some of the images, there are none that correlate to the background colour variation that I'm getting.

Basically, what I've done is taken the originals which are on white backgrounds (some I think photographed that way and some cut out and placed on white) and changed the background to the 204 settings as mentioned in the OP.

Hmmm, most odd...

I'm going to try clipping the images and putting them on my grey back ground next. Hopefully this will work but the colour anomaly will bug me until I solve it.

Have you tried creating a new document the same size and dropping your colour corrected image onto that and flatening, just wondering if somethings messing up the colour profile on your image.

Have you tried creating a new document the same size and dropping your colour corrected image onto that and flatening, just wondering if somethings messing up the colour profile on your image.

SUCCESS!!!!!!

Worked perfectly.

Thank you so much for your advice, Wayne :)

Back