Help with cropping - bike action

Edit My Images
Yes
Hey there.

On my way home i saw a couple of lads doign some bike trials around the park.

i got a few snaps, and their email addresses so we can meet up again.

these are not the best pictures as its my first atempt at anything 'action' but i am looking for help / advice on where to crop the images. nothing seems to 'click' for me.

before i go any further here are the full framed shots of some of the better ones.

where would you guys crop them ?
bike1600wc9.jpg

bike2600ks4.jpg

bike3600si0.jpg

Cheers,
Rick

They having a bad shorts day?

Use the diagonal of the bike as your guide. #1 has that tree which will encroach on a crop but #2 & #3 could do with a square or portrait crop on the rider.

They having a bad shorts day?

Use the diagonal of the bike as your guide. #1 has that tree which will encroach on a crop but #2 & #3 could do with a square or portrait crop on the rider.

Hey cheers for the speedy answer.
i am afraid i dont quite know what you mean :thinking:

By 'using the diagonal of the bike' do you mean following the 'line' of the bike for where the corners of the crop should be?

Rick

Just what Ally was saying above ^^ Is there any chance you could get any closer to the riders next time? If so then the riders and bikes will be larger in the frame and not so much cropping will be required. The closer you can get at the time the better really.

Hey cheers for the speedy answer.
i am afraid i dont quite know what you mean :thinking:

By 'using the diagonal of the bike' do you mean following the 'line' of the bike for where the corners of the crop should be?

Rick

I was thinking something like these:

bike3600si0%20copy.jpg

or a square crop:
bike3600si0%20copy2.jpg

There are other options but the essence has already been said; cut out the unneccesary clutter and give the viewer a single, strong interest point.

(y)

Back