Help with Facebook / Twitter

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm secretary of a newly formed Laryngectomy club and have been "volunteered" to set up some
social media accounts for use of the club members. As a start Facebook and Twitter.

Can anyone help me out with the best way to do this.

I have a Facebook page never used except to login and follow family. Twitter never
been near the place - it sounds unpleasant but whatever.

From a google session Facebook I think I can form a club within my current page only accessible to members I approve.
Twitter think I can start a new account under the name of the club. Can this also be restricted
to club members.

Obviously I'm clueless on the whole social media thing so any help will be much appreciated.

Oh and any other sites I should consider while I'm at it? Bear in mind the average age of the group
is over 60 so nothing yoof!

Cheers
Steve

Last edited:
Better just use a nice long email list or install a forum like this on web hosting server.

Twitter which I hate is awkward but some find it useful. I can't imaging over 60's having too much fun there unless their first name is Donald. Probably you have to invent #some-weird-unique-name tag to keep all discussion relevant. No privacy there at all.

Facebook has a more intuitive format. It will be fine for small talk within a restricted group of members but I would certainly make sure there are no FB or Twitter-only things forcing people onto these platforms.

email is on my list but it's not used by quite a few - this is rural Norfolk.
A website / forum also there but will have to wait for a while.

Could anyone expand this a bit on the practicalities.

How do you set up a restricted group on Facebook?
Can I set up a twitter account in the name of the group that all can use?

Looks fairly straight forward on Facebook - click on 'Create Group' and fill in the pop up form as per the below...

1547663848159.png

Back