Help with getting a 16x9 ratio image printed and framed

S

stupar

I have a photo of our kids which is a 16x9 ratio crop. I would love to have it printed and framed keeping its current ratio. The thing is (unless I am looking in all the wrong places) the majority of the places I research lean towards to 2x3 ratio by default.

I really don't want to alter the crop ratio of the image if I can help it.

Do any of you guys know places that can print/frame a 16x9 ratio photo? the size I am looking to have printed would be 32 x 18 inches.

thank you in advance!

I always forget about printing with borders! My mind always automatically goes to printing to the exact size.

Will look into this further. In the meantime if anyone has recommendations for custom build frames that would be tip top (y)

I always forget about printing with borders! My mind always automatically goes to printing to the exact size.

Will look into this further. In the meantime if anyone has recommendations for custom build frames that would be tip top (y)
Not a recommendation, never tried them but I looked at eframe.co.uk a while back.

the frame need not be the same size you just cut your mat to suit the print in whatever size frame keeping the image more to the top of the frame.

I have notice that if i use the automated machine in the photo shop or if i ask an inexperienced staff member. My picture always get slighlty different crop even if my photo ratio was exactly the one of the paper. I don't know how why but have had the problem a few times and I find it really annoying when you have spent time processing images and getting an exact framing but it get resized when printing. My only work around so far is to ask to print to the same guy which I know personally and knows the printer better. He must just be a matter of unticking a auto-resize option somewhere or something like this.

That one reason i don't order prints online.

the frame need not be the same size you just cut your mat to suit the print in whatever size frame keeping the image more to the top of the frame.

Loxley Colour, whom I have no hesitation in recommending, do 30x20 but also give you the option to contact their customer services team if their extensive list of sizes does not contain the one you want.

https://www.loxleycolour.com/prints/prints-mounting/photoprints#sizes

Cheers guys this gives me more to go on thanks!

Cheers guys this gives me more to go on thanks!

I've used them to make a custom frame that was approx 1.8m on the longest length.
It was considerably cheaper than a local framer (approx 50%) and there was a wider variety of choice.
The package was massive (I had to drop seats in car when I went to collect from depot) and the packaging was excellent.

I would recommend, after having dropped £100+ on a frame I was concerned that it wouldn't be as good as the £250 the local chap wanted. I was wrong, it looks great and has resulted in positive comments.

Another recommendation for Whitewall - they are very good and will do this size as a custom print

Back