Name
Mitch
Edit My Images
Yes
Maybe a Bunting of some sort :shrug:

IMG_02942.JPG

TIA
Mitch

Could this be a Twite, after considering, I certainly go with a Reed Bunting, nice photo as well just managed to get enough of the sun which is in very short supply today

I dont think it is a Reed Bunting... the male's head is not black enough.. I can see too much detail in it.

Has anyone considered a Lapland Bunting?

Sorry to go against a lady, but sticking my neck out and still think a female Reed Bunting which hasn't got a black head neither has the Lapland one, but you a drink if wrong Janice

I was assuming the right hand one was the male of the left.... perhaps its just in bad light and they are indeed 2 females.

I am with Dunedin on this one now.... female reed bunting... that pale line down from the side of the beak is the give away.

(So no need to buy me that drink, Dunedin!!) ;)

It's a Reed Bunting I've just read that the males colour is Quite drab in the winter, i was taking pics of one 10 mins before this and didn't know what it was it looked so shabby compared to Ians shot but the Female looks quite neat

Thanks all
Mitch

Male drab.............female quite neat.......no change there then!! ;)

F - I - G - H - T !!!! :D :LOL: :woot:

Hmm have you considered Rustic Bunting?

EDIT: a female.. they have been documented in Norfolk :shrug:

I had a look at some Rustic pics Jo and i'm pretty sure it's a Reed Bunting, the male next to it looks the same as the winter plummaged bird i was looking at 10 minutes earlier ( I retrieved the images from the trash can).

Back