Help with image sizing

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
I attempted from my MacBook Pro for the first time to show pics I've taken with my new 50mm 1.8 lens,some street photographs.Anyhow when I attempted to upload file it said file to large it's only one JPEG photo,how do I reduce the size ? Do I reduce it first on my MacBook ,I don't see where.Thank you

Not sure what software you're using but it's quite easy in PhotoShop Elements using either the crop tool or image resize then saving as a JPEG at a quality setting that gives a small enough file. Not a Mac user so can't say how to do it in any native Mac software.

If Photos is anything like iPhoto then it's not useful. Download fotor from the app store FOC to resize.

I attempted from my MacBook Pro for the first time to show pics I've taken with my new 50mm 1.8 lens,some street photographs.Anyhow when I attempted to upload file it said file to large it's only one JPEG photo,how do I reduce the size ? Do I reduce it first on my MacBook ,I don't see where.Thank you
Put them on Flickr then share them on here, much better than the antique photo upload system of this forum ;)

But most applications on OSX you can also do a Save As and make it smaller, it would help if you said what application you use. But the easiest if you don't use anything is just open it using Preview, make certain you create a duplicate and then just resize. It is a far more powerful tool then most realise.

Back