Help with Nik collection problem

Name
stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
Ive been editing a wedding all morning with no problem and then all of a sudden nik collection plug in on PS won't let me brush on the affect. It will left me fill, but with brush, the tool is there and I can change the brush size etc but the affect isn't applied? anyone any idea

I should add I only bought it the other day . Been using it for years but after changing computer systems I had to repurchase so I'm assuming it's the latest version

Flatten first?

you can't as there is nothing to flatten........when you select brush you have to brush it then apply and then flatten
Was thinking that maybe something had been done before this. :)

I had this problem after a Photoshop update a few months ago.
Nik acknowledged the problem on their website and it was fixed - probably a couple of months ago.
Make sure that Photoshop and the Nik suite are fully up to date

I thought Nik collection was free?

The old free version is still fine on PS 22.0.0 I'm running

The old free version is still fine on PS 22.0.0 I'm running
I thought so, too, until I tried to use the brush function to paint on the chosen filter. This was the reason I bought the latest version from DxO only to find that it exhibited the same problem. DxO acknowledged the problem on the help pages of their website and fixed it after a couple of weeks.
The free version of Nik still works OK with Elements 14 so, I think, something changed with the Photoshop 22 update to cause the incompatibility.

The old Nik still works fine with my PS CS6.

The old Nik still works fine with my PS CS6.
Yes, of course it does. Nothing has changed - it will continue to work until Microsoft does something to Windows that makes CS6 incompatible.
Based on my experience, Adobe changed something in the update to PS22 that caused some functions in Nik to stop working properly

When I use the brush it pops up as a new layer, but there's a linked mask you have to unlink to see what you are doing.

Attachments

• 2021-01-11 (1).png
    2021-01-11 (1).png
    479.8 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: ST1
Got it sorted . I was nearly not going to post in here as I'm that embarrassed ! The brush mode changed from normal to some other random mode . No idea how as I didn't touch it but anyway , all good now .

Whilst waiting for DxO to fix the problem I found that the most effective workaround was to apply the desired filter to a new layer then use a layer mask to restrict the effect to the desired area

Yes after line was closed in 1965 they cut up the trestle viaducts on the line, there were several similar ones of a relatively flimsy design would have needed complete replacement by now if it was still open.

Reactions: ST1
Back