HELP...with paypal problem please.

mho

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
I hope some one can help me as I have a problem with paypal.

I will fill you in with the story.

I was selling some AV gear to a mate who had in turn sold his AV gear on ebay. He was paid by his buyer by paypal, he had agreed with the buyer to send goods by RMSD so they were covered by insurance etc.
On receipt of the money it was paid into my paypal account + an extra amount to equal what he was paying for the AV gear from me. The money was in my account late last night, I found this out by an email to myself from paypal and the buyer informing me of such.

I then try to log into my paypal account and cant get into it, with a message to contact paypal, well i finally get through on the phone to them and after an age answering all their security questions I'm told, that my account has been frozen and is under investigation for receiving money from a stolen credit card. I relay the story about what has happened etc, and am just told tough thats how it is. They wont tell me whats going to happen next or anything.

I then contact my mate who has sent me the money to find out what's going on and his account is OK.

My problem is I personally haven't lost too much (but enough to make it hurt) as I haven't sent the AV gear to my mate, who is down all his money, and not too happy.

He is reporting it to the police, but from what i gather they arnt too interested.

What can I do ?. As my account had money of mine in it from other sales. Also some of this money was to be sent out for Items I myself was purchasing, this has left me in a position I may have to cancel those as well.

Any info on how to proceed re paypal etc would be greatfully received.

Mark

Step 1: Open a Nochex account.

Step 2: Don't have anything more to do with those crooks at paypal.

Step 3: put it down to experience.

paypal don't have any interest in helping the victim. and there are many victims of this sort of thing with paypal. I wonder why.

Step 4 : Close your Nochex account too :p

TBH Im not sure on the legality of this. Your friend paid YOU from his legit paypal account....so if anything, and he was paid by a duff credit card.

So it should be HIS account showing a negative balance, not yours. Your transaction was with him, not with the credit card.

Apart from convenience alone can anyone think of one single good point about Payscam?
I can't.

I have been onto Paypal again asking why my account and not the account which the money was paid into from the card. the reply was my account was frozen as its where the money is now from the card. they will undertake an examination of all transactions into the account and release any money of mine from other transactions as and when they finish their investigation, the money from the card will be transferred to the credit card company who it belongs too.

They wouldn't give me a time scale or all this to happen.

And on another front my mate has said the police are actually doing something about it.

Doesn't really help me at this moment though.

As most find out when it's too bloody late ... Paypal are absolutely useless in anything like this. They play games with peoples money and have no recourse for their actions. They make investigations without actually bothering to ask you for your comments etc..

and the problem is that if you make it clear you'll tell all and sundry & never use them again they simply don't care. They make enough money from everyone else that they can afford to dismiss you without a second thought.

Good luck with it.

Google for this problem m8, I've seen some horror stories about frozen paypal accounts going back years. Basically it's not uncommon for a frozen account to just stay that way, with little or no response from PP. Since reading them I've made sure that any money paid into my account comes out immediately or sooner if possible.

Google for this problem m8, I've seen some horror stories about frozen paypal accounts going back years. Basically it's not uncommon for a frozen account to just stay that way, with little or no response from PP. Since reading them I've made sure that any money paid into my account comes out immediately or sooner if possible.
It doesn't matter if you've already taken it out they still freeze it and put you in a negative balance which they can reclaim.

your m8 might not be the m8 you thought he was if paying by stolen credit card but could just be hes not got sufficient credit on card. Can take upto 6 months to sort out.

2blue4u. nochex are worse than paypal. Paypal unfortunatly are best of a bad bunch lol google are setting up own similar to paypal

2blue4u. nochex are worse than paypal. Paypal unfortunatly are best of a bad bunch lol google are setting up own similar to paypal

Can't agree more, I had a similar problem with Nochex over 2 years ago, After sending bank details in along with wage slips etc my account was never re-opened..:(

Stuff Nochex.:thumbsdown:

As oldfart says, Paypal IS the best of a bad bunch..;)

your m8 might not be the m8 you thought he was if paying by stolen credit card but could just be hes not got sufficient credit on card. Can take upto 6 months to sort out.

I think you may have read the post wrong, but my mate didnt use a card, he was paid by someone with a stolen credit card, then transferred the money to me with some extra of his own to purchase something from me.

Paypal have now released my account and the money which was in it before this last transaction. So i'm actually not down anything now.

My mate is down his money, but the police have recovered his goods, but they are keeping them as evidence, ( so he's not sure when he will get them back ), and they are charging the guy who used the iffy card with receiving stolen goods, credit card fraud.

It's good to hear the police have actually done something about this, i'm glad they caught the thieving b@st@d

Back