Help with strange lens code

Name
Brad 'Electron-Don' Foster
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys, i am looking at buying a lens from a guy in Germany, i will be back over there soon and would like to buy it now and have it sent to my girlfriends parents, its a good price.

Thing is, i am emailing the guy asking for the code so i can check the date, as he says its very new, i would like to know specifically when it was made, but the code he gave me is U80121. This makes no sense on any place i have checked, i asked if he had made a mistake and it was really a UB0121 which would make perfect sense, 2013.

Anyone offer an insight ?

Thanks

Brad

2 letters and 4 numbers sounds right- so probably a B. I've got a UB lens and it's quite distinct from the 8 in the code- but I can obviously compare the two.

thanks guys, yer it's got to be a B right, there is no code U8. I will ask for a picture, but i get the impression that i am already wearing him thin asking so many questions with google trranslate

ok asked him for a pic, he also just told me it is still under warranty, so it must be a B as that would make jan 2013

ok got this picture, probably why he is selling it as he clearly can't take good photos lol

but im gona go with that being a definite B

Untitled-2_zps83f302f0.jpg

yer spotted that, but all of it, shipped for £306 is pretty dam good, he has never used it and only just bought it, apparently. has a receipt from 6/5/2013

Looks tidy, being owned by a German you just KNOW its been looked after lol

$_57.JPG

Back