Help with Tamron AF70-300mm f/4-5.6 lens

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys, i've just got this lens with my new d3000 and i'm quite baffled tbh. When i try and do a close up the image is all blurred in the view finder and the camera will not take a picture. Is there a quick fire guide on how to use this with the nikon online somewhere, or can you guys give me some tips on how to do this?

You definitely switched it to macro mode?

Minimum focus distance of 0.95m too I think.

The image is blurred because the camera & lens is struggling to focus as you are probably too close to the subject. If this works similar to my sons Tamron 70-300 then even when you switch to macro (switch on the side of the lens) you still need to stand about 1 metre away and use the zoom to get as close in then it should focus correctly.

Remember to switch back to normal for taking general photographs as macro alters the way the lens elements focus.

I think you may be to close to the subject, these lenses in macro are not true macro (if that makes sense). I have the sigma 70-300 and never liked the macro mode. I got good results though using it with tubes :)

Many thanks guys, as i'm a newbie i never realised it wasn't a true macro lens. Standing back a meter or so made the difference, was able to get some good shots (y)

Back