help with updating firmware

Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
No
first off I use a i.mac .. I have just dowloaded a firmware update from nikon u.k for my D3s , got it coming up on my Mac screen . I then put a formatted c.f card in the card reader . press copy on the update but nothing seems to be happening and its then doing nothing on the camera either .

help ???

first off I use a i.mac .. I have just dowloaded a firmware update from nikon u.k for my D3s , got it coming up on my Mac screen . I then put a formatted c.f card in the card reader . press copy on the update but nothing seems to be happening and its then doing nothing on the camera either .

help ???

Any time I have updated FW for any camera or lens it was a drag and drop, open the CF card folder on your desktop and see if you can drag and drop the FW into it. Once it's on, then it depends on the camera but usually it's insert the card back into the camera, hold the display button down while switching on. I don't know if the D3s has a disp button? but it'll be something similar

1. Download F-D3S-V103M.dmg.
  2. Double-click the F-D3S-V103M.dmg icon to mount a disk image containing a folder named “D3SUpdate”, which in turn contains the following file:
    • D3S_0103.bin (the camera firmware)
  3. Using a card slot or card reader, copy “D3S_0103.bin” to a memory card that has been formatted in the camera.
  4. Insert the memory card into the Slot 1 on the camera and turn the camera on.
  5. Select Firmware version in the SETUP MENU and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the firmware update.
  6. Once the update is complete, turn the camera off and remove the memory card.
  7. Confirm that the firmware has been updated to the new version.

Any time I have updated FW for any camera or lens it was a drag and drop, open the CF card folder on your desktop and see if you can drag and drop the FW into it. Once it's on, then it depends on the camera but usually it's insert the card back into the camera, hold the display button down while switching on. I don't know if the D3s has a disp button? but it'll be something similar
I can’t find the CF card folder though Keith ... my lad usually does it for me but he’s on holiday

I can’t find the CF card folder though Keith ... my lad usually does it for me but he’s on holiday

Sorry I can't help more as I use Windows, the folder should pop up the same though on Mac? Have you unplugged the card reader and tried inserting it again? Or check to see is the connection loose?

just dragged and dropped it into the folder , it shows up as being on the card i.e a formatted card used , then reads 7.9mb once dragged over . put it back in camera go to firmware where apparently it should then prompt me and it does nothing at all .. heads spinning with it . by display button do you mean photo review i.e triangle

Back