Help....?

Edit My Images
No
Hey,

I've just registered with "talk photography" =D. So hows everyone doing?

I'm looking to get into photography in a pretty big way, probably go for a HND course/degree and buy a new camera. (I have about £500). I'm 20 and have just dropped out of a Zoology course, it wasn't the course that was the big probem, more the university but anyway you guys don't need to know my life story....

So yeh any advice I can get would be great.

Thanks,

Morven.

Oh yeh and I'm in Ayrshire, Scotland.

you just posted this in the welcome forum - be careful on double posting

So yeh any advice I can get would be great.
Welcome to TP! You've come to the right place for advice.

Now you just need to tell us what the question is ... :thinking:

He/she has got £500 to spend and would like advice on what gear to look out for as a newcomer to photography. As he/she hasn't any experience in this area.
Seemed like that to me anyway.
Welcome Morvvvv. get yourself down to jessops and handle a couple of manufacturers camera's. See which feels best in your hands size wise. (Nikon did for me.) then come back and ask for help on that make. There are packages out there by the two main players that will have something within your budget. ;)

Kev.

Yep, good advice from Kev there ,get to a camera shop (before they all close)and handle a few .
That way you get to feel which fits in you're hand right.

No other way to describe it, I went out years ago to buy a Canon 350 D and came away with a Nikon D 80 because it felt better in my hand...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Same as Dorothy I suppose....:cautious: better not tell Her that :D:D:p

I went out years ago to buy a Canon 350 D and came away with a Nikon D 80 because it felt better in my hand

Exactly what I did. Same models. The D80 felt just right in my hand. You soon learn the menu's of that particular manufacturer. They open at 9ish!

Kev.

Back