Help!

Jo

Name
Jo Fisher
Edit My Images
Yes
I have been contacted by a journalist requesting the use of one of my images. Trouble is, he is asking for it to be 2mb min, and the image is only 502kb. Is there anything I can do?

This will be my first paid 'job' so I would like to impress him enough to come back for more!

For your information I have PSP if I need to use it.

Not 100% sure Jo but if you re-size the image it will increase the file size accordingly ... :thinking:

Worth trying anyway (in the absence of a better suggestion) ... ;) ... :shrug:

HTH and good luck ... :D

:p

If you resize it will increase fie size, but you may lose some quality in doing so....... you'll have to experiment for the best output

Yes just resize the image. I use PSP and for upsizing it''s Bicubic resampling and for downsizing it's Bilinear resampling. Should be much the same in PS.

You might struggle to get a decent result though from a 500kb image as you're upsizing an already compressed image.

Thanks guys, I'll give it a whirl. I had thought of that, but was concious about losing quality. I don't even know why he wants one that big, it's for a magazine?

:love:

Thanks guys, I'll give it a whirl. I had thought of that, but was concious about losing quality. I don't even know why he wants one that big, it's for a magazine?

:love:

I'm surprised he doesn't want it bigger tbh. You shouldn't resize your pics to the size you print them at, but specify the printing size from the full size image for best image quality. :)

Edited:

He emailed me back after I sent him a few versions, and he can't use them after all because they are too small, and the resized version isn't the quality he needs either. :sulk: I am off to cry now.

Back