Help...

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
I seem to have talked myself into a shoot (1st real model shoot so a little anxious) but in my infinate wisdom I have decided on something a bit different.

I have aquired permission from a well known military naval and air arm museum to shoot on site in/on and around the exhibits so am planning a military style shoot. I even have the genuine dress and work dress uniforms arranged as well as some slightly more revealing copies of military uniform.

My problems are I need to shoot while the place is open so lots of jo public so its all strictly PG rated stuff thats fine.

My question is I have currrently a D90, 18-200mm F3.5-6.3, an 18-55mm kit lens and a 50mm 1.8D, with a YN-465 speedlight and tripod if needed.

Lighting is ok in most places but what advice can anyone give on additional lighting? I was thinking about a light stand and remote trigger to use the speedlight of camera but really dont want to lug loads of kit..

I've shot in an aircraft museum (not the FAA) and we used three/four continuous 240v lights for mid/close shots of subject & plane. You have to be very wary if Joe Public is wandering about though - risk of them tripping over stands, cables, etc.

Yeah I am going to use a lightweight strobist setup some speedligts on stands with a brolly to reflect the light perhaps a softbox on the other. gonna stick two 2 lights so metering wont become an issue to much.. i hope!

Back