help

Name
david
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi.
I'm new to the forum and know very little about photography.

In July last year a very close friend passed away. He was a very keen amateur photographer, mainly film. The majority of his estate was left to charity.

We are now left with the contents of his dark-room which includes such things as: a Durst M605 colour enlarger with a great many accessories, lenses, exposure meter, color analyser, etc for it. A Durst RCP20 developing unit which I don't think has ever been used. A very large amount of photo paper in many sizes, lots of chemicals, washing tanks, dryers, LPL 20"x23" easel mask, etc, etc. etc.

I'm just north of Birmingham, nr Lichfield.

I know that I could start listing it on eBay but I would not really know how to list it all correctly. Also, I know that my late friend would prefer to know that it went to a good home.

Although there is a lot of expensive equipment I am not expecting fortunes for it and any money raised will go to his chosen charity.

If you have an interest and can perhaps help me with the identification and valuation of some of the stuff please PM me.

I am very aware that you have rules about selling on your forum and I do not wish to break those rules but unless I can obtain some help with my task I will not be able to post anything about the stuff even after the 30 days and the required post count. I felt that I needed to give an incite into the type of equipment that will eventually be on the market to your members. I can only quote the name of the stuff above because that's what it says on it.

Thanks.
Dave:)

Last edited:
Hi Dave, Sorry you've arrived on the forum under such sad circumstances. I'm sure there will be someone along soon who's a little nearer to Lichfield than I am that should be able to give you some idea of value etc. There maybe a community darkroom in your area that would appreciate a donation. One of our members has started up a photography course and was given a lot of equipment by folks on here.

Hope you manage to find it a good home.

The community darkroom sounds a brill idea.
How would I go about finding out if there is one locally?

Hi Dave, I'm not a million miles away from Lichfield, I'm in Ashby. If I get some free time at the weekend I might be able to pop over and help you identify stuff and if there's anything you've got that I'm missing from my darkroom I might make you an offer for it.

There's a community darkroom in Nottingham run by an arts group so you might find something similar near you.

Thank you so much for your offer of help Kev. I will PM you my contact details.

Dave.

I just want to say a big thank you to forum member 'Stumpy' who came over to my house on Friday and helped me to sort out the darkroom equipment.

I now understand more about it and am happy that odd bits and pieces have been re-united with other bits to make complete sets of things like JOBO tanks and developing drums etc.

I'm going to do a bit more research on the old eBay now that I know a few more names of things and with a bit of luck will soon have some very nice equipment available to you.

One point mentioned by Stumpy was that this collection would be ideal for someone starting out in darkroom work as well as perhaps just up-grading exsiting set-ups.

PM me if you need to know more.

Meanwhile, I will have to bide my time till me 30 days is up and I can start listing the stuff on the forum.

Thanks again.

Dave.

I just want to say a big thank you to forum member 'Stumpy' who came over to my house on Friday and helped me to sort out the darkroom equipment.

I now understand more about it and am happy that odd bits and pieces have been re-united with other bits to make complete sets of things like JOBO tanks and developing drums etc.

I'm going to do a bit more research on the old eBay now that I know a few more names of things and with a bit of luck will soon have some very nice equipment available to you.

One point mentioned by Stumpy was that this collection would be ideal for someone starting out in darkroom work as well as perhaps just up-grading exsiting set-ups.

PM me if you need to know more.

Meanwhile, I will have to bide my time till me 30 days is up and I can start listing the stuff on the forum.

Thanks again.

Dave.

Er... Dave, I should point out that it's actually 30 days and 100 posts before the classifieds open up, so rather than doing stuff by PM, i'd suggest you keep everything on this thread. Oh - and don't discuss money, or do anything to appear like you're attempting to sell out of the classifieds or you'll find that the 100 posts/30 days is not enough, as the staff take a pretty dim view of trading outside the classifieds.

Thanks again.

Dave.

You're gonna have to flap your lips in an appreciative yet unspammy manner to the tune of one hundred new English posts too...:D

ninjad by the Yin

Last edited:
Well, with this one I've reached the dizzy hights of 7 posts.

I haven't got a clue what I can say to fill another 93 knowing, as I do, virtually nothing about photography.

I use either my cheap mobile 'phone's 1.3mp camera or a Samsung S760 (7mp) pocket point and shoot camera but I don't think I can even post any of the photo's that I've been taking of the birds in my garden or my interest in old cars untill I have served my time can I?

I'm a bit stuck now......what can I do?

I've got a room full of equipment which must be of interest to some people and with the very best intention I woud like to offer it to people who, like my late friend, have a passion for, as he called it; "proper photography" i.e. the people on this forum.

Is it within the rules for me to use one of the sections on this forum to bring it to the attention of members if I were to start advertising the items on eBay?

As in the title of this thread......Help!!!!!!

Or...more exactly....help me to perhaps help you!!

Dave.

Last edited:
You can post anything anywhere except in the classifieds so lets see some of your shots then. you never know you may even enjoy it and start developing (ha ha) an interest.

Cheers

Andy

OK...I'll dig out a few snaps!.

I presume that I will have to 'process' them through a site like photobucket first.

After all these puns I think I need to lie down in a 'darkroom'

Dave.

Last edited:
Maybe a member could advertise it for him? Or is that outside of the rules too? It's always a shame to see good darkroom kit get chucked.

I can promise you that it will not get chucked.

I have spent many months working closely with the members of the charity ensuring that my friends possessions and chattels are treated with the respect that both I and they, believe it deserves and securing a good home for whatever is not of direct use or value to the charity.

Last edited:
I could advertise it for you Dave but I'm not really responsible enough to post things off in good time as I go away with work at short notice.

If you want to sell sooner try this forum which doesn't have the time/post restrictions that they do on TP.

http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/index.php

It's all about the darkroom over there.

I've never seen that forum... well till now that is, it looks good actually.

Thank you very much Kev.

I will copy the info over there but I'm not going to ignore the help that this forum has already given me.

I may never reach the magic 100 posts but I will keep you up to date.

Dave.

Hi.David.
Im in Stafford and we run a little community darkroom over here and we are doing mainly 35mm and 120 so could you send me some details please i could come over and have a look if that would be ok

Back