help!

Name
kelly
Edit My Images
No
im not sure if im posting in the right bit has im new to this so sorry if its in the wrong place!

im looking for old disused buildings in the leicestershire area to do a shoot for personal use.

ie warehouses,houses,factorys etc

as i said im new to all this and i just want to spead my wings and try new things.

ive looked on the net and cant seem to find any places that are still standing lol

please if any1 has any information i would be so greatful

thanks kel x

have you tried having a search on flickr instead?

i can't help you with any locations in Leics.. but i bet there'll be some on flickr (y)

Kel,

Take a look at www.28dayslater.co.uk
Which is the web site for Urban Explorers. You will find a few locations there.
Whereabouts in Leics are you?

Andy
#

hi hun ive just signed up to that site aswell need to have a good look around, and its the out skirts of leicester lil place called ibstock(u prob wont no it) i live in hull now but all my wkends are spent there x

I know Ibstock! I live in Fleckney to the south, near Market Harborough.
The Urban Ex site is very interesting btw.

Andy

well i never some1 that knows where lil old ibstock is lol ill have to have a look hun do you get out much? and thanks

kel

im hopeing to take a drive round leicester way nxt wkend n im fingers are so crossed i find sumwhere x

The old BUSM factory springs to mind in Leicester, if it's still there. Best approach is to drive around and have a look. Web research is good if you know where to look, Geograph is always useful, as are the urban exploration forums, but for pity's sake, DO NOT post a thread up like this asking for places, once you've suffered a barrage of abuse, it'll get deleted.

The old BUSM factory springs to mind in Leicester, if it's still there. Best approach is to drive around and have a look. Web research is good if you know where to look, Geograph is always useful, as are the urban exploration forums, but for pity's sake, DO NOT post a thread up like this asking for places, once you've suffered a barrage of abuse, it'll get deleted.

i think the for pitys sake wasnt needed,i didnt mean to upset people by asking and get abuse im sorry if ive rubbed people up the wrong way i was just a bit lost on where to look and thanks ****** for there help

kel

i think the for pitys sake wasnt needed,i didnt mean to upset people by asking and get abuse im sorry if ive rubbed people up the wrong way i was just a bit lost on where to look and thanks ****** for there help

kel

No, you've misunderstood my message, I actually meant don't post a thread like this on the likes of 28Days Later. I've been going on exploration forums for years, and I've lost count of the number of threads that have gone up saying 'I'm new, please tell me some places to look at in Manchester, etc, only to see a barrage of abuse along the lines of, 'go and have a look yourself, why should we spoon feed you locations, use the search function', etc, etc.

viewfromthenorth said:

Did someone get out of bed on the wrong side? The OP had a valid question. There are often these sort of posts in the forum and many off topic ones too that no one complains about. Plus this a new member who has been polite. Perhaps a bit more friendly next time.....

Edit-just noticed the explanation. LOL

why will it get deleted???

Its a simple enough question a photographer seeking locations- I see no harm in this :shrug:

Ive done it myself and wether youre new or not - still a valid question

Les ;)

No, you've misunderstood my message, I actually meant don't post a thread like this on the likes of 28Days Later. I've been going on exploration forums for years, and I've lost count of the number of threads that have gone up saying 'I'm new, please tell me some places to look at in Manchester, etc, only to see a barrage of abuse along the lines of, 'go and have a look yourself, why should we spoon feed you locations, use the search function', etc, etc.

i am new to all this and was just looking for a bit of help on where to look eg sites and things i didnt mean give me your loctions has unlike the rest there yours and you did the hard work in finding them and so should i so i understand where you are comeing from and if i took it it the wrong way then i did but i must say it did come across and rather rude but its hopefully been sorted now so enough said on the matter in my eyes :)

LOL, no problem, sorry if it came over as rude, but it would pale into comparison with some of the responses I've seen on 28DL and the like.

Also try urbexforums.co.uk, derelictplaces.co.uk, plus flickr is also good, if somewhat overwhelming. Have a look at the links page on my own website as well, I think there might be a few midlands based exporers who have websites, such as Thompski.

i understood perfectly Andy what you were trying to convey - but i think it was construed as you who was being abrupt when that wasn't the case at all. Anyway, all sorted.

and as for Ibstock... it's reknowned around the world for bricks! (y)

Just to back viewfromthenorth on this, they can be absolutely brutal on 28dayslater to newbies who post this sort of question. I was just about to post a similar warning to Kelly but he beat me to it.

i totally understand and im greatful to you all for the help and advice

:) x x

Back