Help!!

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello! :D

I'm just post-editing some photos I've done and I've come across a problem with some product shots...

I've got these, but the background has come out too grey!

Untitled-3-1.jpg

Untitled-2-1.jpg

Any ideas about how to get the image brighter and cleaner?

I've played with the 'curves', but i then lose the detail in the glass.

Help!!

Not really done this sort of thing before, but it seems that that the background and subject are similiar in colour. I would suggest using a mask to seperate them so that you can alter the background and subject independently.

Here is a quick crude attempt.

Untitled-3-1_copy.jpg

simply create a new levels adjustment layer & you'll notice three eyedroppers in the bottom corner of the box that appears - select the lightest one of these & click the are a that you need to be white. This will set the white point for your document so you may need to mask any areas that lose detail because of this (y)

Edit: Zeroeseights version works too, I'd use this technique for bringing back any of the lost detail (y)

Fantastic! Thank you!!

I've done these, I think they look better... what do you think?

4-4.jpg

Untitled-21-1.jpg

Thank you so much for your quick replies!! (y)

lol, I've just put them up on here and still think they need more white!!

Bear with me, lol :p

simply create a new levels adjustment layer & you'll notice three eyedroppers in the bottom corner of the box that appears - select the lightest one of these & click the are a that you need to be white. This will set the white point for your document so you may need to mask any areas that lose detail because of this (y)

Edit: Zeroeseights version works too, I'd use this technique for bringing back any of the lost detail (y)

Hehe, we are both using the same method. I used an adjustment layer and layer mask, and set the white point as well later on. :LOL:

Bean your edits look better than the originals, at least you can work on it now. :)

Back