Help!

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok Im heading off to New Zealand tonight, flights at 2045!

My camera is tied up in the studio these days and im starting to regret not sorting myself a camera to take!

I do however have an old pentax 35mm kicking about, im think this could be pretty cool!

Question is - im looking for film, hopefully a cool retro looking b&w...where do you buy this kinda stuff (at very short notice)

Excuse my ignorance...(and bad grammar, im on my iphone)

Matt, you can get FP4 (125 ISO) and HP5 (400 ISO) in most Boots, currently with a BOGOHP offer. These are traditional black and white films, often a bit more expensive to get processed (but easier to process at home). HP5 has slightly larger grain. Boots will also usually offer Ilford XP2 and Kodak BW400CN; these are C41 black and white films that you can get processed anywhere. I'm tending to use these most of the time, but I'd prefer the real thing.

While you're in Boots you could pick up some Fuji Superia 200 or 400 colour film. Steer clear of the "holiday packs" of C200, which are a little muddier in comparison. However, if you really want cheap, see if there's a Poundland near you and pick up some Agfa Vista 200 ISO (usually hidden under a pile of DVDs in the Entertainment section) at £1 a roll.

If you get a chance, you could try some Kodak Tri-X (400 ISO traditional black and white) if you can find it, an absolutely classic film. And a lot of people also like Kodak's Tmax 400. Maybe a local Max Spielmann or Snappy Snaps might have some? Or you might find it on your travels. Many like Fuji Acros as well (can't remember if that's ISO 100 or 160).

What's the camera? Don't forget to check its battery... And post some pics when you can (I just loved NZ).

^^^^^^

Chris as said it all. :)

If you have a snappy snaps near you, then you might be able to pick up some Ektar (the one here in Oxford sells it). It will be a bit more expensive than on the net, but you can walk out with a few rolls, and it's lovely film to use.

A couple of mine of Ektar from a trip to San Francisco last month:
20130326120922_scan-130307-0006.jpg

20130311110713_scan-130307-0004.jpg

If you have a snappy snaps near you, then you might be able to pick up some Ektar (the one here in Oxford sells it). It will be a bit more expensive than on the net, but you can walk out with a few rolls, and it's lovely film to use.

A couple of mine of Ektar from a trip to San Francisco last month:
20130326120922_scan-130307-0006.jpg

20130311110713_scan-130307-0004.jpg
Wow great shot, camera film?

Back