Help !

Name
Alistair Vannet
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
Well first a bit of good news, I'm in to college to do photography the head gave me an unconditional offer :D. Thats where the good news ends :help:. I told him I was using an canon 20D, he promptly shuck his head and said "this course is black and white 35mm" :bang: :bonk:. So now I get a bursery of money (don't know how much £150ish or more) and I have to buy a 35mm SLR :bonk: anyone any suggestions?

I was thinking canon because of all my canon lenses?
I had a look at the web site for canon some nice cameras.

150 quid would buy you a nice Canon A1. Have a look at ebay, but be careful. Plenty of other cameras and makes too, and they're cheap as chips now.... some real bargains to be had. :)

I don't understand why colleges are still teaching film photography, by the time the students pass the course there will hardly be any film left to buy.

Ally said:
Hi all,
Well first a bit of good news, I'm in to college to do photography the head gave me an unconditional offer :D. Thats where the good news ends :help:. I told him I was using an canon 20D, he promptly shuck his head and said "this course is black and white 35mm" :bang: :bonk:. So now I get a bursery of money (don't know how much £150ish or more) and I have to buy a 35mm SLR :bonk: anyone any suggestions?

I was thinking canon because of all my canon lenses?
I had a look at the web site for canon some nice cameras.

you should be able to buy a second hand canon EOS film body that will allow you to use your existing lenses for that amount.

seems a bit daft to me that they still teach 35mm film in its entirity, surely digital (and film colour) are equally relevent (if not moreso) in this day and age... anyone know a newsagency that still uses film?

i was considering doing a city and guilds distance learning course, until i read that you needed developing facilities, aparently rawshooter and photoshop dont count.....

www.ffordes.com and www.mifsuds.com both have canon-1's for £150 and 1v's for £200 ish which will probably be worth a look.

i've previously owned an eos 600. it's an old so metering itsnt so advanced but it does 5 fps and i loved it, they're only £50 these days.

and if you need a manual one i still have an AE-1 that i use occasionally and id recommend it.

olympus om-1's and ld nikon f's are well regarded too.

hth

I've got the following:-

Canon EOS RT
Sigma 55-200
Canon Speedlite 200E
2 Batteries (not sure on 1 of them, 1 is brand new)
Bag

Mate of mine got it when he bought a car and it was in the car, left it with me and forgot about it. It's never been tried by him or me so don't know if it's broke/good/bad/indifferent!

If you want it, you can have it. If you pay for postage. Royal Mail Special Delivery.

PM me if you're interested.

Carl.

CarlOgden said:
If you want it, you can have it. If you pay for postage. Royal Mail Special Delivery.

PM me if you're interested.

Carl.

You've just restored my faith in humanity after a really sh*tty day. :clap:

Top fella! (y)

whitewash said:
strange that, all i ever find in the boot when i buy cars is dead bodies not camera bodies! :shrug:

Note to Self... Don't buy a car from Whitewash, strange things in the boots of them from marraland.:D

Maybe thats what the car on ebay needs for it to sell well (see other thread)

Allan

PS Well done Carl :)

Had one of those on the Aldershot Training area this week - burnt-out car with two crispy chaps in the boot. The back-road from Ash to Pirbright past Keogh Barracks was shut all week while the Hampshire Plod CSIs did thier thing - can't think why - Grissom's Gang solve three cases in a hour!

Ally said:
"this course is black and white 35mm" :bang: :bonk:.

Shame on you, your reaction to that should be :D :clap: :woot: :ty: (y) :love:

;) :LOL:

Seriously, not only is working with wet process B&W absolutley heavenly it will make you re-think almost everything you do right now and that is great for pushing your photography forward.

Will it be of any use to you in practicle terms once the course is done? I doubt it but there wont be opportunties to learn about it for much longer and one day you will be glad you had the chance.

Back