Hengistbury Head Sunset B & W

Name
ewan
Edit My Images
No
Hello all,

was a bit bored and though this shot might make a nice B & W image. Dont really have any idea what im doing,as i havent really done many mono conversions, so kinda just made it up as i went along.

All opinions welcomed.

cheers

Ewan

I commented in your other thread as well, and this is brilliant, even more so for me living a stones throw away from it, maybe I´ll see you around and about sometime:D Keep up the good work!(y)

I commented in your other thread as well, and this is brilliant, even more so for me living a stones throw away from it, maybe I´ll see you around and about sometime:D Keep up the good work!(y)

ta very much,

i tend to trudge round the head fairly often so you may well see me there, Give us a shout if you see me!

Ewan

Me too and the fact that horizon is very slightly leaning to the left :(

i'll have to disagree with you there, the headland slopes down slightly but the actual horizon is pretty much bang on.

as for the cliffs, couldnt really pull out any more detail without introducing a lot of noise, perhaps they dont look quite so imposing on the colour version.

oh well, i still quite like it.

thanks

Ewan

I definitely prefer it to the colour version.

Lovely.

Got a nifty fifty today so hopefully gonna go and harass the locals of Charminster at the weekend to try it out.:D

Impressive shot, like it a lot!

Ewan, this is a very strong picture, I like it a lot because the triangular cloud pattern is repeated inversely at bottom left by the silky water. I do not think that any more shadow detail is needed in the cliff, which is creating lots of drama the way it is. The horizon is slightly lower on the left as a scroll crop will show, but personally I am not that pernickity that I would dock your wages for it mate! :)

Back