Here comes Sony

Edit My Images
Yes
I found this nugget of news and thought it might of interest to anyone who's thinking of jumping on to the DSLR bandwagon but doesn't want Canon or Nikon.

Just posted! Our mammoth in-depth review of the Sony Alpha DSLR-A100, Sony's first digital SLR and first of their newly created Alpha line. The A100 represents the coupling of Konica Minolta SLR and photographic know-how with Sony's electronics and engineering experience. The A100 is fitted out with a ten megapixel CCD sensor mounted on a CCD-shift 'Super SteadyShot' platform which provides in-camera Anti-Shake capability, it also has other unique features such as in-hardware Dynamic Range Optimization and Eye-Start AF. So dive into one of our longest reviews to date and see how the A100 shaped up.

Link
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonydslra100/

Hope it helps (y) (y)

Good read! I enjoyed that thanks! (y)

To be fair it looks a nice camera, and another marque in the market place can only be good for competition and pricing. The IS in the body makes so much sense, but typical of Sony, who else would fit a non standard hot shoe? Nuts!

CT said:
who else would fit a non standard hot shoe? Nuts!

minolta, years before sony released the alpha ;)

ive had a good play with one and its nice, realy good handling and the extra controll dail is a good touch. i have a few niggling issues with it though, like the way the camera exposes for the flash in aperture and shutter priority is the main one, and i dont like eye-start autofocus, but that can be turned off.

whitewash said:
always nice to see that canon cameras absolutely destroy sony and nikon at high ISO's :clap:
Yup , and it sticks out like a sore thumb :LOL:

whitewash said:
always nice to see that canon cameras absolutely destroy sony and nikon at high ISO's :clap:
Only an issue though if you're regularly using 800/1600 and most people don't. To be honest that looks like a great system, some very nice CZ lenses, good flash system, compatability with a huge range of older lenses. I can see that doing very well indeed.

What's the issue with flash exposures trip?

when you try to use the flash in aperture priority the camera will automatically set a shutter speed like 1/60 (similar to using it in program mode) rather than exposing for ambient light. im sure it can be changed but havent worked it out .

Back