Heron city sunset.

Forbiddenbiker

The Enforcer
Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
I went down to London city airport last night, to try and capture the red sunset. Here’s one that I like. No adjustments on this image yet, 18mm f10 5sec iso200.

The heron just popped down, stood very still for about 30 seconds, then popped off again....which was nice.:D

I'd be particularly interested on how you guys would crop this shot. If at all..?? I've tried loads of serious slicing, including a long narrow strip, which worked ok-ish.

What do you think?

herondocklands.jpg

That damn shadow! ;) My eyes couldn’t see it in the gloom...but my camera could. :LOL: :LOL:

That's a very nice shot with lovely exposure and good detail but for me the gantry on the right is quite distracting, getting the heron was definitely a bonus!

I can see what you are trying to achieve - I would crop just below the heron as the foreground is too distracting and takes away from the skyline.

Definately a better crop.

If you could've taken the shot on the stone steps, or stepped over the chain link fence it would've been better possibly.

I usually end up deleting minimum 50-60% of my shots because I've cocked up the composition somehow, or what I saw with my eye just hasn't translated to the shot. It's all part of the fun!

hey but I like the foreground...I found it interesting and felt it made me look further into the shot...we all see things differently :)

Back