Heron Fishing

Nice series, I like the crisp detail and colour rendition, well done!

Would you mind sharing details around the setup (camera/lens & settings?)

Nice series, I like the crisp detail and colour rendition, well done!

Would you mind sharing details around the setup (camera/lens & settings?)

Thank you :)
If you click on any photo it will take you to the Flickr page where all of the exif details are intact, shutter speed, aperture, ISO etc.
They were all taken with a Nikon D7500 and Nikon 200-500 f5.6, camera set to manual, matrix metering and auto-ISO.

thank you - I’ll take a peep...

Thank you :)
If you click on any photo it will take you to the Flickr page where all of the exif details are intact, shutter speed, aperture, ISO etc.
They were all taken with a Nikon D7500 and Nikon 200-500 f5.6, camera set to manual, matrix metering and auto-ISO.

Very nice set Roger. Since getting a new camera I've started using auto ISO.

LES [emoji16]

Very nice set Roger. Since getting a new camera I've started using auto ISO.

LES [emoji16]

Cheers Les ... he's cleaned out most of the larger fish so has to 'snack' now. :LOL:
Auto-ISO needs a little controlling as it can run away with itselfat times but most of the time it works really well.

Very nice detailed set, Roger + nice splash action in the first shot :)
- I have to agree with you and Les about the value of Auto ISO in Manual Exposure mode - it works so well for me now I've weaned myself off Aperture Priority mode after years of struggling with exposure! Also, with Canon, I can Exposure Compensate when in this combination of settings.

Russ

A cracking set Gramps. Is that a leech attached to its right leg?
Thanks Gary, I don't think a Leech in the UK would be that big, so my guess is goose poo ... not certain though. :)
- I have to agree with you and Les about the value of Auto ISO in Manual Exposure mode - it works so well for me now I've weaned myself off Aperture Priority mode after years of struggling with exposure! Also, with Canon, I can Exposure Compensate when in this combination of settings.

Russ
Cheers Russ ... yes auto-iso is really useful. :)

Russ

I love my Mirrorless system I too can use Exposure compensation in manual mode with auto ISO - a small dial just next to the shutter release, very handy

Les

Superb set Roger, great timing especially with the first one.

Back