Hertfordshire Polo Club

Hacker

TPer Emeritus
Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
I attended my first polo match today at the Hertfordshire Polo Club where I met up with a fellow TP'er Marc (Fabs) who very kindly explained some of the rules and etiquette around this sport.

Firstly, let me introduce Marc:

0806_Polo_HertsPC_094.jpg

A few shots from this afternoon.

0806_Polo_HertsPC_240.jpg

0806_Polo_HertsPC_068.jpg

0806_Polo_HertsPC_071.jpg

0806_Polo_HertsPC_099.jpg

0806_Polo_HertsPC_079.jpg

0806_Polo_HertsPC_051.jpg

0806_Polo_HertsPC_212-1.jpg

8 Having a lean:
0806_Polo_HertsPC_306.jpg

0806_Polo_HertsPC_313.jpg

Some more can be seen here: Linky

Great stuff Colin, wasn't TOO limting using the 70-200 then.;)

BTW, great shot of me, managed to get all my chins in! :bat::D

Nice shots there Colin! It was my first match too at Sandhurst and still not sure I understood quite what was going on. Still, it's an "all go" kind of game though eh?

Nice shots! Maybe we should set up a TP Polo Photographers Club?

Now there's an idea! (y)

I'm still processing mine. Haven't even got to the polo ones yet, still wading through the sponsor's/corporate stuff.

This is what happens when I give the other camera to the missus though!

us.jpg

Great set Colin, shows all the action and skill of this sport although I had to look twice at 5 to make sure that wasn't Marci that had been roped in for the day ;)

Now there's a thought!

Nice shots! Maybe we should set up a TP Polo Photographers Club?

A meet sounds like a good idea epending on time and location (as always!)

This is what happens when I give the other camera to the missus though!

*snip*

Blimey, Battle of the Bellies! :LOL:

Some more shots:

0806_Polo_HertsPC_186.jpg

0806_Polo_HertsPC_047.jpg

0806_Polo_HertsPC_270.jpg

0806_Polo_HertsPC_243.jpg

Good selection of shots, always admired the folk who play that and the level of training the horses must have to be able to compete.

Blimey - polo central round here now.

Good stuff for a first time out - you've got in nice and close and got some cool action there. You need to be v.careful with the exposure - the dark background of grass & trees tends make the camera overexpose the horses & riders. I often work at -1/3 or -2/3. If sunny and the buggers are wearing white it'll be lower than that. Keep an eye on the histogram and the flashing highlights (y).

Good selection of shots, always admired the folk who play that and the level of training the horses must have to be able to compete.

Don't forget the huuuge pile of money. :LOL:

Blimey - polo central round here now.

Good stuff for a first time out - you've got in nice and close and got some cool action there. You need to be v.careful with the exposure - the dark background of grass & trees tends make the camera overexpose the horses & riders. I often work at -1/3 or -2/3. If sunny and the buggers are wearing white it'll be lower than that. Keep an eye on the histogram and the flashing highlights (y).

Thank you Tobers, exposure wise it wasn't much different to some of the outdoor showjumping events I've done. White tops, grey/white horses and dark backgrounds are not a good mix! :D

White tops, grey/white horses and dark backgrounds are not a good mix! :D

Right, I shall use my influence. Dark shirts and Chestnut horses only at Hertfordshire from now on! :D

Back