Hertfordshire studio shoot - stick your shots in here

Hacker

TPer Emeritus
Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
We had a great day out at Digital Depot in Stevenage, Hertfordshire today. Eight TP'ers met up and firstly I'd like to say thanks to Tony (Fraggle) for taking up the reins and organising it and I'd also like to thank whoever organised the models - top work fellas!

Martin at Digital Depot also deserves a lot of praise as he stayed around all day to help us with lights, backgrounds etc and endured our endless questions with good humour and patience.

The first model was Nick and I think it was his first time. He was a joy to photograph, relaxed and natural in front of the camera with a great look. Here is a small selection of shots:

DD-studio-1.jpg

DD-studio-2.jpg

DD-studio-3.jpg

DD-studio-4.jpg

Next was Sita and she was good fun to work with:

DD-studio-8.jpg

DD-studio-9.jpg

Next up was Jo and we had a blast. She was a bit shy at first but after we got her throwing her hair about and jumping around she settled down and was definitely the star of the day.

DD-studio-10.jpg

DD-studio-13.jpg

DD-studio-15.jpg

DD-studio-11.jpg

DD-studio-16.jpg

DD-studio-18.jpg

DD-studio-20.jpg

DD-studio-21.jpg

Finally there was Laura, I didn't manage many shots of her as I had to leave but she was very relaxed in front of the camera.

DD-studio-22.jpg

Those rose petal shots are really good. I didn't get any of those. I'm just going through mine now. I'll get some up soon. Already interesting to see the different types of shots people got.

Here are a selection of the day not much done to them as I have not got the use of fingers as brain is asleep already..

94907876.jpg

94907878.jpg

94907880.jpg

94907882.jpg

94907884.jpg

94907887.jpg

Hope to see you all at the next gathers... good to put some faces to the usernames...

Shutterman

i have been following your thread lately so good to see your good results. I was in the shop on that day i wanted to pop in and say hello, but did'nt want to disturb you all. I then saw a few people in the harvister with cameras, was it some of you lot?
I like the rose petal ones imigt use that one.

Hello, I really like all of these but in particular shot 15 (Laura) - what lens / settings were used on that?

Sounds like you all had a great day out. Excellent shots.

Ok, Heres a few of mine...

Sita..

Sita_1.jpg

Laura...

Laura_2.jpg

Laura_1.jpg

Jo...

Jo_2.jpg

Jo_1.jpg

I hope you like em.. (y)

There are some great shots in there guys
Well done all round :clap:

What a day - so many photo's to look at, and I left my DVD's behind too...... :bonk:

Just the one from me so far. I emailed this one over to Jo this evening.

IMG_0179_800.jpg

More to follow later.

Steve

Hi All,this is Martin at Digital Depot.
Thanks for the positive feedback,you have some nice shot's there and i'm sure there must be hundreds more.

It was a little hectic yesterday,next time we will slow it down and do some serious lighting techniques ! good fun anyway,see you again soon,

Hi there all

Well I am human again after a straight 14 hours sleep and missing my monday morning meetings..

Now that I am awake could I please be a pest and get the contact details and the address's of the models so I can get the images to them.

If some one could PM me the details that would be great.

Nigel

Yea, I noticed that in some. Doesn't look wrong in that picture you've posted. I was really disappointed with the dark background. That would need more time to nail and get right.

Having seen these, I'd definitely love to give this a go if another one gets arranged. Studio lighting is something I'd really like to have a go with.

Great work everyone!

you can clean up that dark background really easily in photoshop/lightroom,the shot is underexposed and by the time you lighten it up the background will become white

some really nice shots chaps......and nice people too.....Jo really enjoyed herself

thanks for your patience......!!;)

Nick

(Jo's Dad)

I have managed to get some through Photoshop would like some feed back on the processing.

If these are ok I will automat the processing and run the lot.

94961959.jpg

94961958.jpg

94961954.jpg

94961952.jpg

94961950.jpg

94961949.jpg

94961947.jpg

Shutterman who is now awake...:woot:

looks like everyone had a good day!! some excellent results from everyone so far!

Ok, this is a bit egotistic of me. Has anyone got any of the very first shots of me, before the models turned up. I wanna change my avatar and facebook picture. cheers guys.
Also If anyone needs addresses for the models to send the CD to, I have them for you. PM me.

Ok, this is a bit egotistic of me. Has anyone got any of the very first shots of me, before the models turned up. I wanna change my avatar and facebook picture. cheers guys.
Also If anyone needs addresses for the models to send the CD to, I have them for you. PM me.

Nat

Sorry mate I only got a couple of shots of Hacker... I must of been drawn to the coffee machine or having a nicotine break..

Shutterman

:D :D :D

I've just sent them to you by e-mail, if you want the RAW files let me know.

Unedited:

Natjag-1.jpg

Natjag-1.jpg

thanks hacker, My ugly mug wasn't supposed to see its way on here.
Blinkerz, thats a lovely shot of JO taken outside. how much processing on that, or was most in camera?
It's also interesting how many of you have concentrated on head shots, where I've tried more full length, and head and shoulder shots.

Here's a link to Seetas web page btw
www.seetapatel.synthasite.com

Some superb images in this little lot guys 'n gals ... :clap: ... looks like you all had a great session and managed to find some great models too ... (y)

Very interesting to see the different styles and takes on these ... :cautious: ... even from the same model/pose ... :D

Hope they paid you well NatJag ... ;)

:p

looks like you all had a very successful day well done (y)

Can somebody PM me the contact details for Sita, Nick & Laura please. I'll be getting round to PP'ing some images later this week and would like to send them off when I've done...

Steve

Some good images on here peeps! :clap:

More of Seeta....

Seeta-15-Edited.jpg

Seeta-12-Edited-1.jpg

Seeta-43-Edited.jpg

I went round to see Jo & her family last night.. I have a list of photo's that they want PP'ed.

Here's the first one (same original as the previous one I posted, but with a bit of PP).

IMG_0179_800.jpg

Not sure if this works or not.....

0119_B_W_web.jpg

I'll have some more done tomorrow.

Steve

Back