HH pano on the way down of snowdon

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
went up mount snowdon today, on the way up i was in a constant cloud with nothing to sea at the top but the clouds moved away on the way down so had the chance to get the camera out of the bag.

here one i took Hand Held pano...

475471_10150948172736399_510581398_12336847_819794150_o.jpg

thanks

(y)

Last edited:
Thats brought back some lovely memories of a near perfect day many years ago.

That's a cracking shot, especially being handheld.

Me and the wife are going up Snowdon tomorrow so I hope I get something anywhere near that quality.

Great view and light
What stitching program did you use ? as it has a noticeable error on the line and has made the walkers a strange shape.
Such a good shot deserves another go......

@ Martin, thanks for the comment, it seams you had great weather today although maybe a tad winding? how was your walk>? do you have any photos?

@terry, thanks for you comment, it was stitched using adobe bridge, auto merge.

when it stitched i adjusted skew and scale so maybe this has had some effect?

DoubleT said:
@ Martin, thanks for the comment, it seams you had great weather today although maybe a tad winding? how was your walk>? do you have any photos?

@terry, thanks for you comment, it was stitched using adobe bridge, auto merge.

when it stitched i adjusted skew and scale so maybe this has had some effect?

Went up today....by train :) the wind was pretty wild and standing on the summit was pretty scary. Walked down and people who were walking up were turning round and going back down because of the wind. Got loads of pics...I'll start a thread maybe when I get home tomorrow night.

Went up today....by train :) the wind was pretty wild and standing on the summit was pretty scary. Walked down and people who were walking up were turning round and going back down because of the wind. Got loads of pics...I'll start a thread maybe when I get home tomorrow night.

As you have not got a stitching program ... if you let me have the individual files and most importantantly the focal length and crop factor I could have a go stitching it with PT assembler. It usually makes a good fist of hand helds.

Went up Snowdon the other week. Cristal clear it was.

Nice shot that too.

Hi Terry, i said i do have a stitching program, i am currently using adobe bridge which is coupled with photoshop CS5 extended. ill have a look at PT assembler and see what that program is like.

thank you for the offer. i may take you up on it soon.

thanks

Hi Terry, i said i do have a stitching program, i am currently using adobe bridge which is coupled with photoshop CS5 extended. ill have a look at PT assembler and see what that program is like.

thank you for the offer. i may take you up on it soon.

thanks
I am afraid the Photoshop way of stitching is very basic indeed.
PTAssembler is not the most user friendly as it has a steep learning curve. to get the best out of it.
PTGui is certainly the most used in the Panao world but costs more, and is far better suited to thos photographers that do 360x180 virtual reality.
Both can produce numerous different projections, and have a choice of blenders. Such as smart blend which can deal with parrallax problems very well.

"Pano Tools" software based on the mathmatical work of Helmut Dersch is open source and has been developed still further with the use of Gui's and add ons by many other developers. However as open source, it is not availabe to commercial developers like photoshop.

post duplicated....

Last edited:
wow!, i didnt realise it was so complicated... thanks for your info. ill have a little look at some dedicated pano software.
thanks again

If you get into panos seriously you will end up with PTGui which has a large majority of the serious market.
If you are not interested in 360x180, PTAssemler is just as good.
You can get free trials of both of them. (I use PTAssembler)

Try Microsoft ICE (Image Composite Editor). I've found this to be pretty good in the past. It's free, but not for commercial use, and pretty simple to use for the basic stuff.

For the more advance PT GUI does seem to be the best out there.

A good shot but there are real problems with it and it isn't saturation its that the foreground is totally in shadow, its soft and it lacks contrast because of the nature of the light in the prevailing weather conditions a nice shot but you wouldn't be looking to print this one a very difficult scene to expose correctly in fact the discerning photographer would probably have left the camera in the bag and waited for a better opportunity. Photographing vistas in the mountains with low pressure systems prevailing and outside of the golden hour will never get you the wow shot. Great for getting out and up there my last trip up there was pretty similar to your own I saw nothing going up and near to nothing coming down wouldn't have missed it for the world though. Good effort but for me better luck with the light and some good clear air next time.

Bill

Back