Hi and crash course needed

Name
Sean
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone I’m having a late mid life crisis (I’m now 52)...a few weeks ago my brother told me he’s going to Belgium for the F1....I thought mmmmm never been to that sort of thing before and invited my self.
Well last weekend I popped up his for the weekend and was chatting about stuff we need to take....camping stuff,food,beer you know the normal stuff.
Well mentioned taking my camera (now this camera is a 5/6 year old point and shoot thing) well he laughed and said that just will not cut it.
Now he has a cannon 600d with a 18-55 stock lens and I think a 70-300 lens...now I know nothing about cameras and he’s not much better only he’s had the camera for a while.
Well I got home Sunday afternoon and by time I went to bed I won the same make and model just with the stock lens (forgot to say I’m also impulsive) so I now have when it arrives a camera what’s the best type of lens to get for my F1 trip in 3 weeks on a budget?
My brother doesn’t think his 70-300 lens gets close enough.

As time goes by I do plan on trying different types of photography.

I also look forward to picking all your brains in the future.

Thanks Sean.

70-300 will give him 112-480 as it is a crop sensor and that should be a very capable reach, I have no idea of the quality of that lens and if you wanted to try something decent but not too expensive why not look into hiring something like ONE OF THESE for £50-80 for a three day hire. You would not need anything longer than THIS ONE It shouldn't be too difficult to find lens hire shops close to you.

Last edited:
Back