Hi, brand new to photography

Name
Ashley
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I thought i'd write a little welcome post, I am from Kent, I have no idea what I am doing and have only recently discovered photography. I had to do a basic photography lesson (a day mainly talking about aperture and ISO) for work and then sat with a Nikon D80 practicing in the street, and it was through this practice that I found how satisfying a good image is. I was mainly taking (and deleting) the back of peoples heads, buildings and cars etc and I quite like taking photos of cars, people and animals.

Currently looking for a starter camera, I've done some research and think mirrorless might be best so looking for a Sony A6000 :)

Hi & welcome to TP

This is a great resource so do get stuck in and as a novice post pictures (for review and supportive critique) in the Beginners sub fora plus questions as needed.

Hi Ashley, welcome to the forum. Most of us probably do start off, taking the back of peoples heads etc. Something I still tend to do. lol

Hi Ashley, welcome to the forum, don't worry, I don't know what I'm doing either :eek:

Hi Ashley, welcome to the forum. Most of us probably do start off, taking the back of peoples heads etc. Something I still tend to do. lol

I'm glad you said that and it isn't weird lol!

Is there any must have software or accessories to get?

Sorry, I am not very well up on software. I'm sure someone will be along shortly, who can advise you better. ;)

The only software I use, is Nikon Capture N-XD. It is a free download from Nikon. I use that for my D3300, and it works ok ish.

Hi Ashley, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you."Enjoy".

Thanks all, what is a good free image host that doesn't take away the image quality?

Back