Hi from Anglesey

Name
ROBERT
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys, just ordered a 5d mk4 to replace my old faithful mk2 so something to look forward to next week! Really had a hard time choosing between the A7rii and the 5 but thought I'd stick with what I know for now! Looking forward to when the classifieds open up and I can see what you guys have for sale I might add to the lens collection [emoji12]

Would you buy second hand with such a new expensive camera?

Hi Robert :welcome: It may have been better form to say a little bit about yourself, and what you could learn from, or contribute to the forum rather than your wish to dive straight into the classified section. Although I can appreciate your excitement with your new gear, there may be members on the forum who would think that, and take exception to, using classifieds as just a market place as a reason for joining.:)

Would you buy second hand with such a new expensive camera?
Hi Shirleyr, I wouldn't have a problem with good used gear at all. The lenses it will be used with when it arrives are 3 or 5 years old or older [emoji6] L series glass should last a good few years more even if it's used as a daily work horse.

If anything I'm hoping the new body will work better than my current 5dii or 6d with old glass like the 85mm/f1.2 or a 135mm/f2

I wouldn't be sticking on anything that looks like it's going to cause issues tho that's for sure :)

Hi Robert :welcome: It may have been better form to say a little bit about yourself, and what you could learn from, or contribute to the forum rather than your wish to dive straight into the classified section. Although I can appreciate your excitement with your new gear, there may be members on the forum who would think that, and take exception to, using classifieds as just a market place as a reason for joining.:)
Hi Charly, indeed fair points :) I started my interest in photography with my first camera back in 1979. It was a 110 plastic "spy" camera purchased by sending in 20 bubblegum Joe wrappers and a week's pocket money....about 50p.

The next months pocket money went on B+W film and printing as it was the cheapest option back then and I was hooked [emoji16]

I took up digital slr about 9 years ago whilst recovering from a bike racing accident that stopped me walking for 3 years and have been doing photography since. I've been a full time wedding, portrait and product photographer ever since. It's a mix between studio and location work mostly. Off camera flash work being my current interest with so much new affordable and capable gear hitting the market in the last 18months it's opened up a huge range of lighting creativity away from the studio [emoji6]

Hi Robert, And welcome aboard TP."Enjoy".

Hi Robert :welcome: to the forum

Back