Hi from New Member

Jas

Edit My Images
Yes
As I was getting too old to run around sports fields without aggravating injuries, I decided I needed a new hobby - photography - something I was always interested in but to date only attempted trusty point and shoot method. As DSLR's had come down so much in price, set my budget and off I went looking for good condition second hand equipment.

All second hand, bought a D70s, Nikon 35-70 f2.8, Nikon 80-200 f2.8 and at the last minute a Sigma 28-300. New tripod, bag, filters etc completed the kit, plus reading up and practicing the basics in the English mild winter in November.

There was a mission involved, a Xmas and New Year trip to Cambodia and I really wanted to make the most of the opportunity. A fantastic experience, I would recommend a visit to anybody as they are the friendliest people.

Essentially, lots of photos taken, a few I like and will post as soon as Broadband is finally connected. But I came back humbled by the Cambodian people for their warmth despite having much less than the average 'westerner' and equally humbled by getting dust on my mirror lens and not noticing until I got back despite checking before I went; lots of pictures with slanted horizon, usual novice issues I guess.

It has helped me newly admire in a different way some of the photos I have seen on the gallery from other members, because I have learned just how much is about timing and judgment and a little luck to give you the thrill of capturing a shot you are really happy with.

I look forward to contributing more in the future.

Jas

Wow what an interesting start to this hobby you've had. I hope we get to see some of the pics. Welcome on board :wave:

Hello and :welcome: to TP Forums Jas ... enjoy .... (y)

And a great set of gear you have picked yourself up to start off with ... :eek: ... and two new Darksiders in one day ... can't be bad ... :D

Welcome ...

:p

... and two new Darksiders in one day ... can't be bad ... :D

Welcome ...

I thought that meant evil Darth Vader sort of person not a Nikon owner..... you learn something new every day here. :)

Welcome to the forums Jas and looking forward to seeing your work. (y)

:welcome:

Hello and Welcome to TPF, good to have you here - you can leave your Nikon stuff at the door though :p (only joking;))

(y)

welcome Jas, glad you got your sign up issues resolved!

(y) welcome (y)

Back