Hi from South Wales

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello Everyone! This is South Wales calling. I'm a Fred Miranda forum exile who can no longer login to my account there as email is totally broken over there.

So I found this place and it's a nice setup you've got going on here. Kudos.

I have put photography on a back burner in recent years with having a young family, but I'm wanting to get back in to it. My favorite things to shoot are flowers and to record some memories on family outings.

My first proper move into photography was a Nikon D50 in 2005, which I thoroughly researched. In understood I was buying in to a system that would be expensive to back out of.

Eventually the slowness of the D50 became a chore so I bought a second hand D2H, which was a beast. Still the best handling camera I've had. But it took a lot to coax a good image out in post processing.

Then moved to a refurbished D300 for the extra resolution and better image quality. It was a solid camera, a big upgrade in terms of IQ, but a slight downgrade in terms of ergonomics. I lusted after the D700, but it was out of reach. Part of me still wants a D3, even though it's not as capable as any half modern camera. At the time it was the holy grail and I still remember seeing the release ISO6400 shots and being gobsmacked how good it was.

Then the D7100 was released and it offered a lot of what I wanted. SOOC pictures were a big improvement, higher resolution, no AA filter. But again the ergonomics were a step down. And that's where I've been living for the past almost 11 years.

Until tomorrow that is, when a new exciting adventure begins.

I'll be sure to share some shots I'm not too embarrassed by with you all.

Hi there, welcome to the forum from Norfolk, enjoy;)

Hi, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy"

Welcome aboard!

Back