Hi from the North East of England

Name
Philip
Edit My Images
Yes
I’ve just retired and dusted off my 2010 Pentax K-r with an assortment of vintage lenses and kit zooms.

Now I have more time, I’d like to get into this fascinating hobby.

I have some technical knowledge from related work, but no actual skill, experience, or common sense!

first job is to buy a new modern camera. It will not be a Pentax, as I need video capability as well. I’ll post a new thread with my questions about that…

Thanks in advance for the forum!

Phil
Mid 50’s
size 12

Hi Philip,

Welcome to the forum. You will get a lot of guidance on here regarding what gear you should consider etc. I am a southerner that has lived in the north east for the last 20 years. I won't be going back down south any time soon. I hit 66 in five weeks time myself and retiring by the end of the year so sorting out my equipment for when I do finally get the time to indulge as I would like.

I live close to Houghton le Spring so would be happy to meet up over a coffee some time and chat all things photography wise ...

Hi Philip,

Welcome to the forum. You will get a lot of guidance on here regarding what gear you should consider etc. I am a southerner that has lived in the north east for the last 20 years. I won't be going back down south any time soon. I hit 66 in five weeks time myself and retiring by the end of the year so sorting out my equipment for when I do finally get the time to indulge as I would like.

I live close to Houghton le Spring so would be happy to meet up over a coffee some time and chat all things photography wise ...
Hey Trev! Thanks for the warm welcome! I’m also originally from the south, but moved up in 1991. It would be excellent to arrange a meet. I’m in Darlington at present; not to far away.

Hello Philip.

I hope you enjoy your dusted off kit and this forum. Have fun and see you in the threads :D

Oh, and where about in the NE are you? I'm in Normanby which is outside Middlesbrough.

Welcome, if you are buying new kit there are plenty of people on here who love spending other people's money giving great advice. Take your time to have a look around, its the best forum going.

Hi Philip, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy"

Welcome to the forum Philip, I hope you enjoy your new found hobby ;)

Back