Hi:) I need help

Edit My Images
No
Hi everyone. Thank you for having this forum.
My sister and I just got into digital photography and know nothing. I'm looking for an introductory book that explains both the appreciation aspect (what to look for when looking at photographs i.e. composition, etc... basically, how to appreciate them), and the technical aspect (digital photography and photoshop).

I would appreciate your recommendation on such a book. I'd like to give it to my sister for her birthday. Thank you so much for your input!!

Welcome!

there are lots of books available, there is a thread somewhere detailing peopels choices and why!

Hi and welcome to the forums. One book that might be worth looking at is "understanding exposure" by Bryan Peterson, its a good read and does exactly what it says on the tin (y)

Hi and welcome :wave:

Thank you matty, antc, and Wile E. coyote for your prompt responses and warm welcome:) I am looking for that thread and also looked into Peterson's "Understanding Exposure."

Books....

CLICK.

Just type 'books' in the search box at top right and I'm sure you'll find lots more threads on the subject. :)

You should also consider Digital Photographer's Handbook by Tom Ang ... very easy read and extremely comprehensive coverage of all things digital photography ... :D ... ideal for beginners and people new to digi imgo ... ;)

:p

For specifically Photoshop, there's "Adobe Photoshop CS2(or 3) for Photographers, by Martin Evening", considered by many as a Photoshop bible.

Back