Hi I'm Sophie from England

S

Sophietravels

Hi everyone my name is Sophie and I am from Derbyshire in England and really excited about learning here from you guys. I have recently been travelling the Canary Islands and have come back wanting to learn more about photography. I am going to blog a few photos and then learn more for my next trip where I really want to express myself as much as possible through the shots I take. Look forward to hearing from you. Speak soon, Sophie x

Hi Sophie, welcome, look forward to seeing your photos
Graham

Hi and welcome to TP

You will see it is a great resource to share and learn about photography :)

I look forward to seeing your photographs of your travels, where did you go on Gran Canaria? Has been some years since we went there so seeing more recent views would be interesting.

Oh, one thing that struck me in that you mention blogging your pictures. If you mean the likes of FB, Instagram etc please make sure to embed your pictures here at TP. The reason is that (not sure if this is in the terms/rules of TP ;) ) I for one will not click on links just to view an image and give off site sites click counts.

Hi Sophie :welcome: to the forum, enjoy :wave:

Hi and welcome to TP

You will see it is a great resource to share and learn about photography :)

I look forward to seeing your photographs of your travels, where did you go on Gran Canaria? Has been some years since we went there so seeing more recent views would be interesting.

Oh, one thing that struck me in that you mention blogging your pictures. If you mean the likes of FB, Instagram etc please make sure to embed your pictures here at TP. The reason is that (not sure if this is in the terms/rules of TP ;) ) I for one will not click on links just to view an image and give off site sites click counts.

Hi back and thanks! I would try to embed but I dont know how so will look into that as would prefer to do that as well. I am using Blogger. I was in La Palma mainly and did not go to Gran Canaria but will have to next time definitely x

Hi Sophie, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums."Enjoy".

George.

Hi back and thanks! I would try to embed but I dont know how so will look into that as would prefer to do that as well. I am using Blogger. I was in La Palma mainly and did not go to Gran Canaria but will have to next time definitely x

Ah! no problem :)
Depending on the sort of area you like to stay (maybe an agegroup ,'question') but we stayed in Puerto de Mogan on each visit. There has been more hotel building since then as well as AFAIK the completion of the new motorway...... so will likely be busier but hopefully still a nice quiet place compared to some of the main (?) resorts

Looking forward to seeing your photographs :)

Last edited:
Hi Sophie, hope you had a good trip and look forward to your posts. I'm a newbie too....it seems a popular place!

Back