Hi, my name is Nettie, this is my first photo

N

Nettie

I am new to photography and eager to learn. My husband has bought me a Leica Vilux 1 which I am enjoying using. This is one of my first shots. I spotted these swans on a loch on my way home one evening.

I would welcome any comments.

L1000309.jpg

Hi Nettie and welcome. That's a lovely shot with some gorgeous reflected colours in the water :)

Welcome & nice pic. You are not saying which Loch though

Very nice..gorgeuos light...well spotted and captured (y)

My feeling is it needs a crop to improve the composition a little. I think the swans are a little to central. It's not immediately obvious how to crop it as I wouldn't want to loose those lovely circular ripples.

Very nice..gorgeuos light...well spotted and captured (y)

My feeling is it needs a crop to improve the composition a little. I think the swans are a little to central. It's not immediately obvious how to crop it as I wouldn't want to loose those lovely circular ripples.

Thanks for your comments. This was a problem I wrestled with before posting the shot as I did not want to loose the ripples or the background colours so decided not to crop this time

Thank you for your comments and for the warm welcome.:)

Oddly enough ... I quite like the central compostion here.
Beautiful colours, really conveys tranquility, really lovely.
Welcome to TPF Nettie ... look forward to seeing more from you (y)

Hi Nettie and welcome - if that's one of your first shots then I'm looking forward to seeing what you produce in the future!

My first reaction, like others, was that the swans were a little too central, but having gone back and looked I think that in this shot it works well. the combination of the ripples round the swans, and the ripples across the water elsewhere, and the colours - just lovely.

Nothing wrong with that at all.
First post: good - first camera: Leica...ffft... some people, eh?

Hi Nettie and welcome to TPF. :wave:

Not really much to add to the others: Colours are fantastic, subjects are nice and sharp, but the composition is off. There are enough ripples to the left to work (y)

Very nice first photo..welcome :clap:

Love the colours on the water

poo! I can't see a picture:( ,

:welcome: anyway! looking forward to seeing others from you :D (y)

Nope picky is an ex one.
Welcome anyway

Sorry! pic disappeared - I am new to this - I changed my website, it's back now :embarrassed:

yay!!!! can see it now, lovely shot! (y)

I can see it (y) welcome to TPF :wave:

:ty: Thanks everyone for your comments and for making me feel so welcome. Nice to meet you all:)

Back